~

The brother and sister pair arrived in Bahrain a good twelve hours before the first practice started, Robert was eager to get there as soon as possible so he could see the track and try to run into at least one driver.

"We're in the same hotel as the drivers, Soph! Just think, Lewis Hamilton could be in the room next to us." He stopped mid-corridor and held his arms out, looking much like a meme of a driver he'd shown Sophi on the plane there. "Or even Max Verstappen."

"Okay, Fanboy." Sophi grabbed her little brother and shoved him towards their room. "I'm not meeting any famous people in sweats." As they scanned the door numbers, a voice floated down the corridor.

"I'm telling you, the first number is three, so it's the third floor!" A British accent, presumably there for the race, Sophi ruminated.

"Right, so why can't we find it then, Lando?" Before Sophi had time to think, Robert grabbed her wrist and shook her arm with what she could only describe as the force of one of their crocs.

"That's Lando Norris!" He hissed under his breath. "And Oscar Piastri, this is his rookie season in Formula One! Act cool, don't embarrass me."

"Yes, because I'm the embarrassing one here." Sophi muttered, fishing around in her pocket for Robert's door key, shoving it to his chest. "Go have a shower before the practice, we both smell like plane." She heard Robert mutter something about her being bossy under his breath, and so lightly kicked the back of his knee with a shit-eating grin on her face.

"Excuse me!" Sophi drew in a breath, wiping said grin almost instantaneously. The flight had been long and she wanted nothing more than to sleep.

"Hmm?" She turned to the voice, a tired smile painted on her lips. The person was someone around her age, maybe a year older, with light brown hair and the darker brown eyes she'd ever seen in her life. He sported a bright orange t-shirt and black jeans, quite an odd combination in her eyes, but hey, who was she to judge.

"I saw you're around the 380s." He nodded to the door number above Sophi's head. "I'm 389, but I can't find it."

"I'm 381." Sophi turned to her door. "Try down the hall." She unlocked her door and stepped inside, watching the orange clad man wander further down the hallway. Her hotel room was set up beautifully, a queen sized bed on the left hand side, jacuzzi built into the top right corner, an extremely spacious en suite and a wall that was entirely glass.

Sophi was half tempted to curl up in the jacuzzi, it was certainly big enough to fit two people, but decided to throw herself on the bed, giggling with childish glee when the pillows were flung across the room.

"This is the life." She sighed deeply and sat up, looking at the view across the hotel pool and track. The hotel curved slightly, allowing her to see into other rooms, evidently the man across the way noticed this too as he waved awkwardly at her while clutching yet another orange top. She lifted her hand back with a tight-lipped smile (she seemed to be doing an awful lot of those today) and went back to lying down, turning onto her side and letting sweet sleep take her away.

~

Once Sophi's phone alarm went off, she took the most delicious shower with some vanilla scented shower gel and shampoo she'd bought at the airport, and then picked out her outfit for the paddock. She decided to wash this one after she'd worn it and use it for the other practices and qualifying, but change into a new outfit for the actual race.

She pulled on a pair of flared jeans and a brown bell-sleeved top with a small tie in the front before tying a bow in the laces. Sophi then pulled back some of her hair and tied it in a messy looking half up style and added a few small braids to the section of hair she left down. She then sat herself down in front of the small mirror she's brought and placed on the ground in front of the glass wall and took out some concealer to put on her under eyes. 

Robert was sending her through text after text as she swiped mascara on her eyelashes, so she bit the bullet and called him.

"Hello?"

"WHERE ARE YOU? WE NEED TO BE DOWN THERE IN FIFTEEN MINUTES!"

"Oh calm down, Rob." Sophi slung her bag on her shoulder and rammed her rings on her her middle fingers, grabbing a black pearl necklace from the floor next to her. "I'm literally walking out the door now." The blonde hung up and put her door key in her bag with her phone and water bottle, meeting Robert outside.

" The blonde hung up and put her door key in her bag with her phone and water bottle, meeting Robert outside

Robert slung his arm around his big sister with a massive smile on his face, made of pure happiness.

"We're seeing the first race practice of the season!"

Sophi smiled, not particularly eager to watch these cars, but happy that her brother was happy.

welcome to 8 letters!