Chapter 9

Y/n's pov;
"Dove, you almost ready to go!?" Dad yelled from down stairs, as I'm putting everything I need in my pockets.

"I'm coming!" I yelled, before looking in the mirror. I decided to go with something comfy today like black joggers, a grey sleeveless hoodie, the fingerless gloves and my dog tag necklace dad gave me, plus black running shoes on my feet. I left my room and walked downstairs to my dad waiting for me.

"Decided to go with comfy clothes?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said, as I noticed him wearing grey sweatpants, and a black hoodie.

"I was going to workout when I get back visiting your brother. You wanna workout with me? Unless you're still hurting, plus I know you spend your weekends off doing nothing." He said.

"My flare up pain is all gone, and I couldn't work out Thursday because of scheduling, so I need to make it up." I said.

"Well okay, but don't push yourself." He said.

"I won't, I was going to do light cardio and maybe abs." I said.

"Dove, you did your abs Wednesday morning with me plus your six pack and the muscles around it is ripped enough. I think you should do a light cardio after that flare up." He said.

"I guess your right." I said.

"Well come on, we better get going." He said. I nodded and headed to the front door with him.

~

While me and dad were riding on the Nanba boat to Nanba, I noticed that dad looked nervous and was playing with his fingers.

"Dad?".

"Hm?" He turned his head to me.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah.. I was going talk to you about something, that I need to tell you." He said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I.. I been talking to someone, and I want your opinion on it." He said.

"Of course," I said.

"You know how I felt about dating women again after what happened with your mother, and my trust issues made it harder for me to trust and fall for someone." He said. I stayed quiet so he knows I'm listening. "You know, I love and care about you and your brother, right? I would never let a woman come in between the relationship of my kids.".

I smiled."I know, dad.".

"Well I've been kinda feeling lonely lately, and I've been talking to this girl for a few months now.. And I wanna ask her out on a date but I want your opinion before I take things further." He said.

"Dad, I don't mind you dating again.. I know what happened with Rita hit you really hard, and i want you to be happy. I noticed you were depressed, but you kept a brave face for me and I never said anything. That's why I wanted to be the perfect daughter for you and make you happy again." I said.

Dad grabbed my hand. "You were always perfect,the moment you were born, you've always made me happy. You and Nico are the reason why I became a father, and I would never change that.. You, Y/n have saved my life when I was on the deep end. I'm very glad to be your father and you being my daughter." He said, before I teared up and hugged him. He hugs me back. "I love you, my little Dove." He said in english.