What About Us

This was originally posted in my imagines book. However, I'm moving this over here since the imagines book is done for.

~

Finally making it through a manic Monday, Toya was leaving her job at the bank when the rain started pouring down

Finally making it through a manic Monday, Toya was leaving her job at the bank when the rain started pouring down. Dodging as much as she could, she found herself inside of the local coffee shop.

Sighing as she looked at her watch, she knew she'd be here a while. Walking up to the counter she placed an order of green tea and a sandwich before waiting in line.

Amidst the rhythmic drumming of raindrops against the café windows, Toya's eyes scanned the room until they landed on him—an enigmatic figure sitting in the corner, his gaze deep and contemplative.

"Is that DeVante Swing?" She asked the barista who nodded.

"Comes in sometimes, the novelty kinda wore off. He's a cool guy though." The teen shrugged and handed her the items.
Emboldened by curiosity, she approached his table.

"Mind if I join you?" she asked, her voice steady despite her heart fluttering in her chest.

DeVante looked up from his notebook surprised by the question but genuinely pleased. His hazel eyes meeting hers. He was intrigued by her confidence, nodded, a charming smile gracing his lips.

"Nah, have a seat, baby." he said, his tone as smooth as his melodies.

"You know my name but what's yours?"

"Toya." She found herself captivated by his aura.

"I'm a big fan of your work," she stammered, feeling slightly starstruck. DeVante smiled, taking in her face.

"I figured you was a fan. Music is how I express shit I can't put into words."he replied, his eyes twinkling with curiosity.

Toya's eyes lit up. "I've been following your music since 'Forever My Lady' dropped. Your talent is simply amazing. Meeting you here feels like destiny."

DeVante chuckled, appreciating her enthusiasm. "I believe in destiny"he smirked.

The conversation flowed effortlessly, shifting through topics like favorite artists, childhood memories, and dreams for the future. Toya's laughter mingled with his, creating a symphony that echoed through the cozy café.

"I've always been fascinated by art," Toya confessed. "The way colors blend and evoke emotions—it's like magic."

The lanky man leaned in, his eyes alight with enthusiasm. "Music is art in motion. It's, like, about paintin' emotions wit' sound. Creatin a connection that goes beyond words. " His large hand reached for hers.

Their discussion delved into deeper waters, exploring life philosophies and shared dreams. Toya spoke of her passion for painting, describing the feeling of a brush against canvas. "It's like each stroke tells a story," she mused.