☁️|🔴 angry because of you. (wanda × nat)

Start from the beginning

She hears a knock and tells the person to come in. Wanda enters her office with a piece of paper in hand. 

"What's this?" Natasha asks as soon as the brunette hands her the paper.

"It's a request for me to be demoted back to my old position." she answers.

"Why is that?" 

"Well, because I don't think I can do it. I have been disappointing you a lot lately and frankly, Miss Romanoff, I don't want to be yelled at everyday. I think it's best for me and my mental health if I just go back to my old desk job where I excel best." Wanda says.

"So, you're just going to give up because you cannot take the criticism I'm giving you? How are you going to grow then?" Natasha questions now.

"It's not the criticism that I cannot handle. It's the look on your face and the sound of your voice every time I see you disappointed. That's what I cannot take. I look up to you, Miss Romanoff. Seeing and hearing you get mad and disappointed does something to me. So if you can just grant me this demotion, it would help us both. It's an honor to be chosen for this position but I think someone else can do better than me. I know Mr. Stark only gave me this promotion because of his promise to my father, but I'll tell my father myself that I cannot handle the pressure." the brunette explains.

"I—" Natasha stutters, unable to get a word in edgewise. She never thought she could be this speechless.

"Thanks, Miss Romanoff. I'll get going now, it's getting late. I really do appreciate the chance." Wanda says and begins walking towards the door.

"Wait—" the Russian woman says. Stopping Wanda in her tracks. "Don't go." she adds, her voice softer now. She stands up from her desk and approaches Wanda.

"Why?"

"Because you're good at this. The only reason why it doesn't feel like it is because of the fact that I'm not really recognizing the many times you did do good." Natasha admits, leaving Wanda stunned and confused. Creases started to form between her eyebrows.

"I... I don't understand. So, you're purposely making me feel bad? Is that what it is? Why? What have I ever done to you?" the brunette questions now. There's some sternness in the sound of her voice. Sending a pang straight to Natasha's heart.

"N-No!" the redhead replies almost instantly, her heart breaking because of what the younger woman said.

"Then what? What I have done for you to make me feel so worthless everyday?"

Natasha's lips began to quiver. Her hands formed fists to her sides, digging crescent moons on her palms. Trying to find the strength to tell her the truth but for someone who's usually good with words when it comes to her job, she's the exact opposite when it comes to admitting her feelings and vulnerabilities.

Wanda has grown impatient in waiting for the redhead to explain herself. She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes for a moment before turning her heels to leave.

"I need to go." Wanda says.

Before she can take a step further, she felt a hand grip her wrist. A soft and warm one. She freezes in surprise. Not even allowing herself to breathe from what's happening.

"Because... Because I want you, Wanda. It has been killing me everyday to be this close to you. I've noticed you from the first day you started in this company, but I can never know how to approach you... Ask you out for a drink... or a date. I'm just not good at that, Wanda. Then you being in close proximity to me has been driving me nuts. I never really knew how 'so close yet so far' felt until Stark came up to me saying that I have to train you and then you're here. I've memorized your perfume, your little mannerisms... everything, Wanda." Natasha confesses, her cheeks turning pink. Her eyes avoiding the Sokovian. Triggering her fight or flight response.

"Natasha..." Wanda whispers, leaving the redhead breathless from hearing her first name escape her lips for the very first time. "Why didn't you just say anything?" 

"Because I'm scared to know that you might not like me back. That I'll make it all weird and then you stop working so close to me. So every day, I have just been so angry. Not angry at you, but angry because of you. Maybe, if I have been given enough time to bring up the courage in me, I would've told you but you were so close, so fast and I don't know what to do." 

Now, Wanda has turned speechless. Of all of the possible reasons to why Natasha has become so temperamental recently, this did not even cross her mind. Everything has now shifted. The tension between them, the space and the silence. It has become unbearable. Especially for the redhead who has confessed her heart out to Wanda.

"Forget it. If you don't feel the same way just act like nothing ha—" 

In a heartbeat, Wanda cut her off with her own lips against Natasha's. The redhead was caught by surprise but she melted against Wanda immediately. Their lips clashing, breaths getting deeper and faster. Hands getting tangled in each other's hair. It was a tension like no other. Suddenly, they long for each other even more. Like it's not enough to be this close. They were lost in the kiss. Lost in each other.

When Natasha felt like her lungs has been emptied out of oxygen, she broke off the kiss and looked at Wanda's eyes. No longer avoiding her iridescent green eyes that reflects the warm light in her office. 

"Wanda..." she breaths.

"You don't have to say anything. You don't have to overthink it. This, Natasha, this is real. Not a dream and I did not do it for reasons that your brain is creating. I did it because I like you too. That's why I wanted to be demoted, because I don't want whatever it is I was feeling for you to change. I wanted to save it." Wanda says, her voice was husky from the lack of air. Her Sokovian accent slipping between her words.

Then there they were. In one of the highest floors of the Stark Industries tower. The night's so dark, making the city lights sparkle like stars. The mundane buildings that surrounded it suddenly looks breathtaking. Like a  galaxy full of stars. And it was just them at the top of it all. Both of them sharing one thought. Heartbeats in sync. Minds alike and unlocked.

×××

a/n:

i am still planning my other stories, in the meantime, enjoy these one-shots. i dunno. suddenly, i have the drive to keep writing these. haha.

see ya around.

- oneofthevillains ××

p.s. dedicating this to 'her' (y'know who you are) yeap. this is for you. ♡