Madelyn nodded. "Yeah. I love you so much and I feel like I don't see you enough. I want to be with you...like all the time."

"Yay! Me too. I love you so much Mads. We can figure it out tomorrow, you should get some sleep." Gracie replied as she kissed Madelyn's lips. Before she pulled away, Madelyn leaned in to deepen the kiss.

"I missed kissing you." Madelyn whispered against her lips.

"It's been one day." Gracie replied, referring to when Madelyn was in too much pain or in surgery so she couldn't kiss Gracie.

"Yeah, that's too long." Madelyn replied before passionately kissing Gracie again.

Madelyn wrapped her arms around Gracie's waist.

"Careful, baby." Gracie whispered. Madelyn wasn't able to be too physical yet and she didn't want Madelyn to hurt herself.

"It's ok." Replied Madelyn.

After a few more kisses, touches, and squeezes, both girls agreed that it was time to go to bed.

"Goodnight G. I love you." Madelyn said.

"Goodnight Mads, I love you more." Gracie replied.

Madelyn fell asleep that night with a smile on her face. Although she was still in pain, she was excited for this next chapter of their relationship to unfold. She couldn't picture a life without Gracie and just wanted to be in her arms forever. 

Madelyn stayed at Gracie's house for a week as she quickly recovered from her surgery. She enjoyed every second of it which only made her more excited to move in. Throughout the whole week, Madelyn and Gracie cooked, watched movies, cuddled, and took Weenie on long walks around the neighborhood. That weekend, Gracie was due back at the Eras Tour in Seattle. Madelyn wouldn't be joining her which she was disappointed about, but she would pack up her apartment instead. 

Madelyn gave Gracie a big kiss before she left for Seattle, she was going to miss her.

"You'll do amazing, I know it." Madelyn said, engulfing her in a tight hug.

"Thank you Mads." Gracie replied.

"I love you so much. I'll see you Sunday, ok?" Madelyn said.

"I love you too. Don't overwork yourself trying to pack up. You can wait for me if you want." Gracie said.

"It's ok, good luck baby." She replied, giving Gracie a final squeeze.

Madelyn could tell that Gracie wasn't as nervous to perform as the previous times which made her really proud. She wished she could see her talented girlfriend this weekend, but she would hear all about it when she got back. 

Madelyn decided to text her best friend Caroline. She hadn't seen her in a while but also needed some help with the move.

Maddie💗

can i ask u a big big favor

Caro🤓

yeah what's up

Maddie💗

i'm moving in with Gracie

i'm packing up my apartment now 

do u think u could help me lift the boxes

i don't think i can, i'm still pretty sore

Caro🤓

that's so exciting!

congrats mads

i'll be there soon

Maddie💗

thank u so much

love u car

Madelyn's friend Caro arrived soon after. She had packed up most of her apartment already, there were just a few things here and there and boxes that needed to be put in her car. Caro greeted Madelyn with a big hug.

"I'm so proud of you!" Caro said.

Madelyn chuckcled. "Proud of me?" She asked.

"Yeah! I can't believe you're moving in with Gracie, that's a big deal." Caro replied. 

"I know, thank you. I'm really excited." Madelyn said.

The two girls finished clearing out the apartment. Caro loaded the boxes into both her and Madelyn's cars since Madelyn wasn't able to lift heavy objects easily due to her surgery.

"Thank you so much for helping me." Madelyn said.

"Of course, happy to help, Mads." Caro replied.

Madelyn and Caro reentered the now empty apartment.

"Do you want a minute?" Caro asked, wondering if Madelyn needed some time to say goodbye to her apartment. Madelyn was always a very sentimental person. Even though it was just an apartment, it was the end of a chapter in her life. She was really excited to move in with Gracie but also sad to see this era end. 

Madelyn nodded and Caro squeezed her hand before leaving Madelyn alone. Madelyn walked through the apartment. It was small but looked a lot bigger without furniture. She experienced so much bad and good in this space. When she moved in, she was still with her ex-boyfriend Jackson, and now as she moved out, she was with her beautiful girlfriend, Gracie. Madelyn was thankful for all she experienced here, it was bittersweet. She sat down on the floor in the bedroom and felt as her eyes began to water. She didn't feel sad, but grateful. Madelyn wiped away a few tears and took a deep breath as she stood up.

"Goodbye." She whispered into the emptiness.

She joined Caro outside and gave her a hug. They both drove away in their seperate cars and headed towards Gracie's house. Madelyn found herself smiling. She couldn't wait to put her clothes in the closet and put out all of her things next to Gracie's. 

•  •  •  •