PT. ONE

~ Was She Better Than Me?~

   I had a long 9 hour work day. I was tired, and my feet were hurting. I just wanted to go home and relax with my boyfriend Eddie. We have been together for 7 months. I got home and noticed that the door was already unlocked. Which was unusual because Eddie always locks the door when I leave. I walked  in and called his name multiple times. But he doesn't answer. He was probably sleeping. So I went to our shared bedroom. The door was locked, and I stood there banging as loud as I could. And he hasn't opened the door. I walked back to the kitchen to get a butter knife. I went back to the door and used the butter knife to unlock the door.

   Once the door was unlocked,I walked and noticed that he was sleeping. But there was another female in our bed. I cleared my throat and screamed his name on the top of my lungs. "EDWARD JAMES MUNSON!!!!" Eddie woke up, and so did the chick. Eddie was freaked out a bit. He jumped out of the bed, and of course,he was naked. What the fuck am I seeing? Eddie wrapped a towel around his waist and came up to me. I turned around and walked away from him. I grabbed my purse and my keys and was about to leave when Eddie grabbed my hand. I turned around and slapped him across the face. I stood there and stared at him while he rubbed his cheek.

   "I don't want to speak to you, Eddie. We are no longer together. Go back and finish what you started. Clearly, I am someone you don't want to be with anymore." I took off the promise ring that he had given me on our 4 month anniversary and placed it in the palm of his hand. He looked down and said, "Please let me explain, baby..." I stopped him before he could say anymore. "Don't call me baby. Because I am not yours anymore. Go be with the bitch you decided to cheat on me with. I am pretty sure she is better than me. Was she better than me,Eddie? How was she,huh? Do you wanna be with her or with me? You have to choose,right now!"

   Eddie stands there,too stunned to speak. He finally decided to say, "Why do you have to make me choose? You know I would choose you every time." I looked at him and said,"You have to choose now. Is it gonna be her, or is it gonna be me?" Eddie couldn't believe that he has to choose. "Fine,I choose nobody!" I couldn't believe what he just said. "Oh really,you chose to be with nobody. So you want to flush our relationship of 7 months down the drain. That's bullshit,Eddie, and you know it is. How could you?" I walked to my car and banged my fists on the steering wheel. I saw him walk back inside. I waited to see what he was doing. 5 minutes later,he comes back out with the girl fully clothed. She had her purse around her shoulder. She looked pissed off as well.

   Eddie must have told her to leave. He really did decide to choose himself over me or our relationship. I started my car and noticed that Eddie was standing on the front porch staring at me. He had tears in his eyes. I drove off,leaving Eddie behind.

  *Time Skip *

      5 months later,it would have been mine and Eddie's 1 year anniversary. But since he chose himself,he ruined that. I haven't spoken to him in months since the break up. I went to work one day, and I was sorting movies out and placing them back onto the shelves. The bell to the door chimed. Someone was coming in. I shouted to the guest, "I will be right there. Give me a minute!" After putting the movies back on the shelves,I walked over to the counter. My head was down the whole time. Wasn't paying attention to the guest that was there. "I am so sorry for keeping you waiting. How may I..." I stopped talking. I looked up and noticed that the guest was no other than Eddie.

   He looks at me and says, "Hey,I am here to return this movie. I know it's overdue,but I just loved watching it." I looked down at the movie that he placed on the counter, and it was the Breakfast Club. It was my favorite movie. Even though it came out in 1985. I looked up at it, and I can tell that he hasn't been the same either since the breakup. His eyes were bloodshot,he had dark circles surrounding them. Looks like he hasn't slept in days. I looked at him and said "Hey don't worry about the late charge. I got you!" He looks at me, smiles, and says,"Are you sure Y/n? I have the money to pay the late fee." "I am sure Eddie. I got you,I promise. I will wave the late fee. If you are late next time,you might not get so lucky." I responded back. He promises to bring the movie back on time.