"No."

"Kill my child?"

"I'm not a monster-"

"But you are!" I couldn't hold it in. Draye quivered and looked at me but all these emotions weren't something I could handle anymore.

"You destroyed our family. And now, you've forced our men to fight a war for a man who had no hesitation to kill pregnant women and children!" 

I saw something change in his eyes at that moment. Something close to regret. But before I could ponder further, he walked out of the room. It was too late for anything now. The men had marched and the war was soon to begin. And I desperately prayed that my husband would meet the fate he deserved.
.................................................................

Xander's POV:

This was rather a different experience.

Traveling along thousands of miles and looking at lands I'd never seen before was wonderful. Managing a large army was something I had never done before. But there was a first to everything.

What I liked the most was the presence of men that I was becoming fond of. My cousin Devin, Catheline's brother, Eliot, and the rest of the men formed one comedic batch that kept us entertained at night.

It was one of those nights where half of them were drunk and shouting. I hadn't touched any drinks for now, mostly because I wanted to remain alert.

"This is impossible!" Aaron threw his hands in the air. "I'm not going to do all that for a wife."

"No wonder you're a single, miserable man," Leon shrugged. He had just finished speaking of how long he courted his woman and what he had done to convince her to marry him. 

Karra was not going to be happy with this publicity.

"There are benefits of being single," Eliot chimed in. "No one can bother you. You don't have to get up and do things. I rather remain single for the rest of my life."

"But you're the heir of your kingdom..." Devin pointed out. "If you don't marry and have children, your line will die out."

"Never been my concern,"

"We'll see how many children you'll have after five years," I smacked his shoulder.

The people in the tent began laughing and throwing insults at each other once again. Desmond was half asleep on his hand like his life depended on it. Nathaniel was chatting with Leon. And Shayne...he had remained silent ever since I invited him here.

"I am much more imaginable as an amazing uncle than father, huh?" Eliot countered, smacking me harder.

That shook me out of my thoughts. Every time I looked at him longer, I was reminded of my wife. My precious wife. The one that was making me insane. The letters exchanged with her weren't enough. I wanted nothing more than to see her again, to hear her laugh. My memories were enough to serve that purpose but the urge to hold her in my arms was distracting me from the primary goal.

'It pleases me to know that you're fine, husband. Know that I'm unable to get you out of my thoughts too. Things are fine here. Gillian is such an adorable boy. I like him very much.'

The letter was the third I received from her, after three weeks after I left Anthreal. I was more happy to know that she was happy. But something cracked in my nerves when I read that last sentence.

My jealousy was so obvious that it made Nathaniel laugh.

The Cartographer she found was contributing much help. Since he knew most of the terrain, he knew where to take a break and how long we should travel.