[ 012 ] a moment alone.

HEARING DAMAGE
TEEN NOLA - CHAPTER TWELVE !

            AFTER THE FREAKY EXPERIENCE that was the attic séance, everyone had fallen silent

            AFTER THE FREAKY EXPERIENCE that was the attic séance, everyone had fallen silent. No words were spoken as they all stumbled down to the cabin's living room, changed into their pyjamas and got settled in for the night. Their nerves were all on end as every little crack and creak from the space above them sent a chill up their spines.

The sound of shuffling of bodies in blankets and the crackling of the wood within the blazing fire was all that could be heard as they all lay in the living room. Many eyes were trained upon the ceiling, watching as small collections of dust floated down through the air. They watched, waiting for if or when something else would happen.

Akilah chose to speak up, her voice softened greatly though heard by all as it broke through the long, dragged on silence. "Do we think it's still up there?"

Taissa snarled in frustration while using her hands to push herself up from her pillow and glared at all of the freaked out girls. "You all need to stop! There's nothing up there. Lottie's been acting weird for weeks." She snapped, having had enough of everyone and their belief that something 'supernatural' had happened.

The Turner girls response caused Stevie, who lay on the other side of the room from Taissa, to scoff. She glanced over at the girl, annoyance riddled within her gaze and uttered, "What about Nola? She warned us all not to go up there. You know, she said something bad was going to happen and it did. Something bad did happen."

Stevie's words caused the room to go silent again. For a moment Taissa wracked her brain to drum up an answer while the eyes of many in the room shifted over to look at Nola, who had been laying with her eyes squeezed shut, feigning sleep.

Taissa sighed while throwing her hands up in the air, the girl now completely fed up with the lot of them. "She guessed. She was on edge, I don't fucking know. Let's not forget that Nola had been having serious hearing problems since before we even crashed."

"Thanks, Tai." Nola muttered in response, warning herself a roll of the eyes from Taissa and alerting the group that she was in fact still awake.

As Taissa looked around at the still freaked out expressions on the girls, she quickly said, "Fine." While throwing off her blanket and clutching it tightly, grabbing her pillow and rising to her feet. "I'll prove it."

Akilah watched her as she moved about. "You're gonna sleep up there?"

"That's right. Who's with me?" Taissa inquired, hoping for a few takers of her offer as she hoisted her gym bag filled with her belongings over her shoulders. She looked out at the group expectantly, only to receive avoidant eyes.