Chapter 3

The next morning I see pictures of Jett and I everywhere. He wasn't lying when he said that girls were going to be nasty to me. So many of them were calling me ugly and fat and saying I don't deserve to be around Jett. I go onto my socials and post that we're just friends and exploring the fine lines of our relationship right now. Then I text Jett. Yes he gave me his phone number yesterday.

Me: You weren't kidding were you?

Jett: Absolutely not Sweetheart.

I feel myself blush at his pet name for me. I don't know why but I feel like I'm just drawn to Jett more than Hunter. Don't get me wrong I still like Hunter a lot, just not in the same way I like Jett. Jett feels very different but I'm not ready for anything more than friends right now.

Jettison18: we are just friends everyone this is Delilah

DelilahA: absolutely just friends I don't have time for a boyfriend anyway

Me: When are you guys getting to the track today?

Jett: We're already here. You're late. Jason is sending a car for you now that you're awake.

Me: He left me here??!!

Jett: Lol. Yeah he said he wanted you to get some sleep.

I don't reply as I need to get ready. I throw my hair up in a bun and decide to do some light makeup today. I hurry and put concealer, do my eyebrows, and throw some mascara on before getting dressed. I know it's gonna be hot so I just throw on those same black shirts from yesterday with a red tank top and check myself over in the mirror.

I grab my bag and my phone and head downstairs to the lobby of the hotel and see a car pull up. The window rolls down and a guy asks if I'm Delilah. I nod and get in, excited to get to the track and watch the boys race today.

When I get to the track I immediately go to find the Kawasaki rig so I can yell at Jason for leaving me at the house.
"Hey! Don't you ever leave me sleeping in the house while you go to the track."
He turns around and notices me. "Sorry D, but I just wanted you to be able to get some extra sleep. I heard you up all night giggling to yourself while you were texting Jett." I shush him.
"Lower your voice. There's already enough publicity around us right now I don't need anymore negative shit being said."
He throws his hands up in defense and laughs.
"You guys did it to yourself. It wouldn't even be nearly as bad if you were hanging out with both of the brothers. Then people might've thought you were family or a family friend. Maybe try hanging out with Hunter a little more."
I nod my head and start backing away from him.
"Where do you think you're going?"
"I'm gonna go hangout with both brothers. I'll see you later before race time."
I turn around and walk to the Honda rig, looking around for my favorite pair of brothers. I spot Hunter first and run up behind him and scare him. He screams a bit of a girly scream if I'm being honest and turns around to look at who scared him. His face immediately softens when he sees that it's me and gives me a full on hug this time. I hug him back and give a little squeeze.
"Delilah, I didn't think you were coming when I didn't see you here with Jason."
"Yeah he left me at home sleeping."
I hear someone walk up behind me but I don't pay attention until an arm is slung over my shoulder.
"How's my supposed ugly fat girlfriend?"
I roll my eyes and look up at him. "I'm not even mad that they're saying it cause it's true. But why do they have to say it? I already know that shit."
Hunter and Jett both shake their heads before Jett opens his mouth.
"Absolutely not. You are not those things and stop telling yourself you are those things. You need to be more confident and happy with yourself. And start eating regularly again." I give him this questioning look. "Yes Jason told me you haven't been eating right cause you think you need to lose weight. You look perfect the way you are. Honestly you don't need to lose weight. If you wanna look better by your definitions then you should come to our workouts with us." I pondered it for a moment and shrugged.
"Maybe. I'll talk with Jason about it." They both nodded and then someone came over and told them it was time to get dressed cause 250s we're gonna go out. They both rush into the trailer to get changed and I awkwardly wait outside for them both to come back. When they do I give them both a hug and wish them luck today. They both say thank you and I turn to head back to Jason but I feel a hand on mine. I turn around to find Jett standing there with a nervous kind of look on his face.
"Hey Delilah, if I win today, then you're my good luck charm." I shake my head and laugh.
"Sure thing Jett." I hesitate for a moment but ultimately decide to kiss his cheek before dashing away to find Jason. I know what Jason said but I can't help how my heart feels.