After a few moments of silence, the small girl decided to drag the cat-like girl out of the party, dragging her to the parking lot. "This is technically kidnapping," Haerin said as she leaned on a car watching the latter grab two cold beers from a cooler "Catch" Haerin caught the beer without any problem "Nice reflexes, bro" Hanni gave her a warm smile as she took her place beside Haerin "I can't believe it's been 2 years," Haerin said.

To say that those 2 years were sunshine and rainbows was foolish. The sunshine was twilight and the rainbow was just rain, that's what it felt like for Haerin, and she vowed not to go through that again. Hanni on the other hand, was the optimistic one, she was grateful for the experience, the lessons that she learned, and the people she gained. It was painful, more than the heart can handle, Hanni recalls her last words to her "You've finally admitted your true feelings, I'm happy for you but what about me".

"Out of all places, I'd see you" Hanni looked at the girl beside her "A party wasn't one of them?" Haerin knew the exact words the latter would say, for Kang Haerin to be at a party was not unusual, just surprising. As a natural reflex, Hanni dragged Haerin out of the parking lot, without a definite place to go to, they just went with the flow of their mood, and that so happened the mood brought them to a playground.

They both sat on an empty swing, It was silent, like all their interactions from before. "So what course are you taking?" An attempt to create somewhat of a connection with Haerin "Medicine" The cat-like girl replied which surprised Hanni a little, she was certain that Haerin had a passion for the arts. Hanni remembers it clearly, the bright look on Haerin's face whenever she draws, her messy hair, and splashes of paint on her face. "I thought you got into art school 2 years back" The mood shifts, and Haerin's gaze was on the pavement, Hanni felt like she said something that pressed on something she shouldn't have "It was a hobbie, nothing more" Haerin mumbles, although it wasn't what she felt. She loves art.

"Medicine suits you too, The doctor genes do run through your veins. Arts suits you too, it makes you happy" Hanni's words made Haerin feel warm, a happiness buried inside, and she hides it again. "Do you still paint? draw?" Hanni asks as she gives a hopeful look at Haerin, the latter shakes her head no, It made Hanni a little disappointed, maybe sad. She wants to see the burning passion Haerin once possessed.

The silence enveloped them once again, comfortable as it was, their thoughts were too loud, wondering what the other girl was thinking.

Hanni's Point Of View

She hasn't changed at all, still the silent and mysterious Kang Haerin I've grown fond of. I wonder what she's been up to lately, does she still play soccer on weekends, the lazy cat who loves to sleep all night and day.

"Still handsome and charming as ever" She turns to me, those eyes that still hold the same sparkle I once adored.

"You're still pretty and smell like strawberry" Maybe I'm just drunk or a little delusional but I swear she smiled at me so lovingly.

Haerin's Point Of View

'smell like strawberry?, what were you thinking Kang Haerin' It was true, she does, but I could've shut up. I've only talked to Hanni a couple of times before, we weren't strangers but we weren't friends either. She was always stuck with her, I was always stuck with- no never mind that.

People say that 'Everything happens for a reason' What exactly is the universe's reason for this encounter?

Narrator's Point Of View

It was midnight, and Hanni didn't want this to end but if Hanni's roommate/ best friend finds out she's out late, she's not gonna hear the end of it. "We should do this again" Hanni smiled at Haerin she stood up and was ready to be on her way. "I'll wait for you at midnight" Haerin's reply earned her another smile from the short girl "Midnight it is" Hanni walked away, Haerin still seated staring at the girl's small figure being eaten by the darkness of night.

"THERE YOU ARE!" Snapping out of her trance, she looked in the direction Hanni left, The girl was nowhere to be seen, past the darkness, so she turned to where she heard the shout, It was Eunchae waving at her "LET'S GO HOME!" Laughing at her best friend's loudness, Haerin begins to walk to her bright present.

It had only been 2 years, and the feeling of hurt still lingers in Haerin's heart, bumping into Hanni tonight made it sting, she had completely moved on, she taught. It was the betrayal she was angry about.

Flashback

"Coffee?" A girl who resembles the bright sun itself offered, Haerin gave her a loving smile and a kiss on her cheek. "You've been working too hard, Haerin-ah" "This scholarship is a crucial part of my future, our future, you know my dad." The sun girl leans on Haerin's shoulder, exuding warmth and love to the pressured cat beside her. She understands the latter's sentiment, the only person who swayed their family's legacy. "You'll get that scholarship jagi, I'll be here with you" Haerin turns to the girl, cupping her cheeks and staring deep into her dark brown eyes.

"I love you, Mo Jihye"