𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒕, 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒎𝒆

Start from the beginning

Before Stefan can respond, Klaus appears at my side. "Is everything alright here? I hope I'm not interrupting."

Stefan glares at Klaus. "Look, you already have me alright? Just stay away from her."

Klaus grins, unfazed. "I'll consider it."

"I need a drink," I sigh, heading over to the bar.

As I sit down, returning to the drink I left, Klaus follows and sits beside me.

Klaus leans in with a glint of mischief in his eyes. "Audrina, sweetheart, why not join Stefan and I?"

I raise an eyebrow, skeptical. "You want me to tag along on your hybrid-making road trip?"

"Why not?" Klaus grins. "We'll be like a dysfunctional family, traveling across the countryside. You, me, and our brooding friend over there."

Stefan, who's been keeping an eye on us from across the room, doesn't seem thrilled by the suggestion.

I chuckle, finding the idea both absurd and intriguing. "And what's in it for me, Klaus?"

Klaus leans even closer, his voice low. "Adventure, Audrina. The thrill of the unknown. Plus, it'll give Stefan a chance to see that you've moved on."

I glance at Stefan, who's now engaged in a heated conversation with the bartender, seemingly trying to drown his frustrations.

Klaus continues, "Besides, I could use your company. Hybrids, it turns out, are quite a challenge to create. Having a Petrova by my side might make it more... interesting."

"Alright, Klaus. I'm in," I say, a smirk playing on my lips. "But this better not be some elaborate scheme to get back at Stefan and rub salt in the wound."

Klaus chuckles, "Would I do such a thing?" I give him a pointed look, and he concedes with a playful grin. "Okay, perhaps I would. But in the end, Audrina, you might just find this little adventure worth your while."

As Klaus and I continue our conversation, I decide it's time to reveal a piece of information that might pique his interest.

"You know, Klaus, there's something you should know," I say, swirling the drink in my hand.

His gaze sharpens. "And what might that be, Audrina?"

"Elena is alive," I state matter-of-factly.

His eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "Elena? But Stefan said..."

"Stefan's a liar," I interrupt, enjoying the intrigue in Klaus's expression. "She faked her death, and she's been laying low."

Klaus leans back, a thoughtful look on his face. "Alive and well, you say? How interesting."

I nod, watching his reaction carefully. "Yes, it is."

A slow smile spreads across Klaus's face. "Indeed, Audrina. It all makes sense. Thank you for sharing."

I nod. "I want you to know that I am completely on your side, Nik."

"What about Damon?" he asks, his eyebrow quirking up.

"Damon... Damon will have to forgive me. We have forever."

"Are you in love with Damon too?" he asks me.

I scoff, rolling my eyes, "he's my best friend. So no. Damon and I's relationship has been sexual but never romantic. Also, there's something else."

He turns more toward me, giving me his full attention. "I've been looking into it," I start, "and you're not supposed to kill the doppelgänger in the sacrifice."

His face fills with confusion, "what do you mean?"

"You're supposed to keep her alive, Klaus," I tell him. "And use her blood to create the hybrids instead of having them drink any ol' humans blood."

"And why exactly did you decide to research this on your own?" he questions.

I shrug, "I was curious."

"Is that all?"

"Yes," I say without looking at him.

"Okay. Also, Audrina, I truly am sorry for everything."

My eyes trail over to him, and a smile grows on my lips. "How are you going to make it up to me?"

"By doing whatever I have to."

"Hm. I hope you mean that."

~
word count: 1137