"Have you lost your mind?" Blaise scoffed, swiftly dismissing the notion.

"Hmm, okay, Angelina Johnson?" I teased, fully aware of his inevitable response but taunting him nonetheless.

"YN, you hate me, don't you? Are you planning to fuck Riddle and Nott this year?" His disbelief was palpable, my mention of Angelina serving as a reminder of their tumultuous history, which rivaled my own with Theo and Mattheo.

"I'm kidding. Relax," I laughed, sweeping the grounds with my gaze once more.

"You know, Pansy's looking mighty fine this year," he remarked, giving me a sidelong glance to gauge my reaction.

"Pansy? No way!" I exclaimed. Pansy had recently gone through a tough breakup and deserved someone who would treat her right. I just never expected that someone to be Blaise.

"I mean, is that a problem?" he asked, a hint of hurt in his tone at my initial response.

"No, it's actually fantastic. I'm just taken aback. We've been friends forever, and you've never once hinted at being interested in her like that," I quickly reassured him, lifting his spirits.

"Well, she's always been stuck with one dumbass after another," he remarked, watching her thoughtfully.

"True. You better start charming her now if you want to snatch her up before she finds another one," I nudged his leg, gesturing toward where she lay on the grass.

"Oh, damn. You mean now?" He rubbed his hands on his jeans, already preparing to stand up.

"You've got this. What's not to love?" I encouraged him. Taking a deep breath, he nodded at me before striding over to where Pansy and Astoria were lounging. I observed as he cast his charm, and before I knew it, they were strolling off to the castle together.

Before I could rise to leave myself, two shadows loomed over me.

"I'm not working with you dumbasses all year so you can put my name on the work and leave me out of it." Mattheo was standing over me, and Theo was not far behind him.

"Please tell me that's a fucking fly buzzing in my ear," I retorted, my irritation already reaching a boiling point. "If you want to fail potions again, then do it, bitch. I couldn't care less."

"You know you've always had such a way with words, YN," Theo interjected, taking a step forward, causing them both to tower over me as I sat.

"Will you idiots please get the fuck away from me. I'd rather not be at eye level with your dicks," I snapped. Theo smirked but obligingly slid a few steps back. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Just thinking about you being at eye level with my dick." I visibly gagged and stood up."I'm already so fucking done with both of you, and we haven't had our first assignment yet."

"I'd rather jump off the astronomy tower than work with either of you," Mattheo cut in, his disdain evident with every feature in his expression. 

"I'd rather gouge my fucking eyes out," Theo maintained, his gaze fixed on Mattheo.

"I'd rather have the cruciatus curse used on me," I added. I bent over to snatch my bag off the ground and set off towards the castle. To my disdain, both of them tailed me closely.

"That can be arranged," Mattheo responded over my shoulder. Glancing around, I caught Astoria's curious gaze fixed on me.

"What the fuck?" she mouthed with interest. I signaled I would tell her later and kept walking. 

"You think I'm scared of either of you?" I came to a halt, turning to face them. My arms crossed defensively, and an air of guarded tension enveloped me. "Using cruciatus on me is the only way you'd ever get me to fucking scream."