𝟘𝟘𝟙. 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕙

~~~ 🕷️🕸️🕷️ ~~~

~~~ 🕷️🕸️🕷️ ~~~

I've been in New York for about a week now and it's been pretty blissful. Cliff thought it would be a good idea to explore the city around our apartment in Queens. But as much as I loved looking around all I could think about was one thing. I can't wait to finally start my Junior year at Midtown School of Science & Technology! My brother Cliff just started working for the one and only Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man, so he's got a pretty liquid income coming in meaning he can send me to a good school. I've always had a passion for science, especially chemistry and I hear the programs, facilities and extracurriculars at Midtown are incredible.

I also found out from YouTube - and my own research when I was bored - that Queens has its own personal superhero, Spider-Man. I always knew there were superheroes, I mean we have The Earths Mightiest Heroes, The Avengers. I just never guessed that there would be one in a place like Queens. New York City sure, but Queens?

"Kat! You're gonna be late for the bus!" Cliff calls out.

Shit!

~~~ 🕷️🕸️🕷️ ~~~

I ran as fast as my legs would take me and I made it just in time to catch the bus and hopped on. The bus started moving and I was still looking for somewhere to sit when-

"There's a seat here if you like?" I turn around to see a kind face looking back at me patting on the seat next to her. She was a very well-dressed girl with short blonde hair that just touched her shoulders.

"Oh, thanks," I replied, a bit embarrassed that I had stared at her probably longer than I should've before moving to the seat next to her.

"No problem. I'm Betty, Betty Brant. I run the school's paper. You new here?"

"Yeah, today's my first day. I'm Kat by the way" She holds out her hand for me to shake which I do.

"Well, you can shadow me around school if you like. I can introduce you to some of my friends too."

"That would be amazing. Thank you." We continued to chat about what we did over summer vacation and we seemed to click pretty quickly. The bus pulled up in front of the school gates where Betty and I got off. I did what she said and followed her around. She showed me to the office, all the classrooms I would be in, and helped me set up my locker. "Thanks for this Betty."