Chapter 3: Preparing for Sky Island

Start from the beginning

"You don't have to kill every living thing we meet, it's kind of rude." Robin sassed at the swordsman.

"Yeah when it shouldn't have snuck up on me." Zoro sassed back.

"Ooh cat fight, meow~" (Y/N) poked fun at the both of them.

Zoro just rolled his eyes and started waking off. "Hey wait." Robin called to him.

"Now what?!"

"You're going back the way we came."

Zoro froze and choked up in shock. (Y/N) just burst out laughing which earned her a smack on the head from Zoro. "Worth it!" She giggled even more as she held the back of her head in pain.

A loud and interesting bird coo was heard, which caused the trio to whip their heads towards the noise. Robin and (Y/N) followed it quickly. "Be careful not to fall in the quick sand." Robin warned Zoro and to his luck, he ran right into it. (Y/N) was crying from laughter as she watched the swordsman slowly sink.

Soon enough, and after one crazy ride of kicking all types of forest creature ass, everyone met back up at the rendezvous point. "It's like trying to find a needle and a hay stack, we didn't even see one." Zoro spoke up first.

"Well we did, but we could never get close enough to catch it." Luffy replied while his hunting partner Chopper was absolutely tired from constant running away from bugs and creatures.

"So eight people couldn't even catch one bird? That's pathetic. Would you get it together guys?" Usopp spat out.

"You're one to talk." Sanji snapped back at him.

Nami was absolutely defeated and just feel to her knees. (Y/N) went over to check on her when the sounds of feathers flapped in the wind.

There it was: a South bird. He danced around and laughed down at as. Chopper translated all the shit that bird was talking, which just pissed the crew off. Usopp was about to shoot it, but Robin made quick work of the shit talker. Using her devil fruit, she captured it easily.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened at Robin. "I didn't know you were a devil fruit user!" She happily walked along Robin talking about their devil fruit powers.

Luffy jumped on (Y/N)'s back and wrapped his legs around your waist multiple times, causing (Y/N)'s eyes to shoot out of their sockets. "You're a devil fruit user too?!" Luffy piggy backed off of the woman.

"Yep I'm a rubber man!" Luffy stretched his mouth to one side and laughed at (Y/N)'s enthusiasm. The devil fruit users walked and talked the whole way back together, continue their conversation about their powers.

The crew saw the clearing where Crickets house is at. "Hey pops! We caught one of those birds!" Luffy yelled as he was now off (Y/N)'s back and was walking in front of the crew. Although his demeanor shifted once he saw Cricket's home was raided while Cricket and the monkey brothers were laying on the ground half dead. "Pops what happened?!"

"Masira!" Usopp called out.

"Shoujou.." Sanji followed.

"What happened here?!" Nami sounded worried.

Sanji dragged Shoujou out of the ocean, "I have a better question: who did this?"

Usopp was panicking over Merry being destroyed and abused. Cricket and the monkey brothers were severely injured, but Cricket was able to talk even though it took everything in his body to do so.

The first thing that came out of his mouth was an apology. That they tried to stop the attacks but couldn't. (Y/N) grinned her teeth together and was absolutely pissed at the scene before her. He told Luffy not to worry about who did this to them.