Chapter 4 | grand plan

Start from the beginning

An autistic person. Still a person.

"Hmm... maybe you could use your wish to fix this?" You muttered, pondering on a solution.

"Wait- wish?" L replied.

"Fuck did I not mention that? Everyone who makes it into this room gets one wish. Although you need to be careful how you word it, otherwise it could create a whole new universe where that wish is true. If you want to stay in YOUR universe, just alter it, then you need to be specific about your wording"

That gave L a lot to think about. If he could have one thing in the whole universe, what would it be? He'd never thought about it. He could wish to erase all his trauma, but that would just place him in another universe where his birth parents weren't abusive shitheads to abandoned him, leaving Watari, his successors and the Kira case stranded. He could wish for Kira to never exist, but that wouldn't stop Light from being a serial killer, it'd just stop him from using the name Kira. He could wish for death notes to not exist, but that would just place him in another universe where shinigami have a different weapon.

Wishing was tricky, something you had to think about.

"I think I'll save that wish..." he said.

"Yeah probably a good idea to think about it" you replied.

Think about it he would, he had a whole heap to think about now.

"Hmm... hang on I have an idea. I need to get something brb" you spoke up.

Getting up off the floor where you sat, you turned to your right, and L just watched you with a confused look. Where the hell could you go? This was only one room with no entrances or exists. It was when you quite literally stepped INTO the wall, he jumped up in astonishment. He really shouldn't be surprised, you were a cosmic entity that pulled him out of his universe after all. But all this was new to him.

Instead of disappearing through the wall like one would expect, you morphed into a shadow like being, with the vague shape of a person. Blue in colour and covered in stars like a chunk of the night sky.

"Holy-" L muttered.

He walked up to the wall, watching you move around seemingly inside it.

"Damnit where the hell did I put it?" You muttered.

Out of curiosity, L reached out and touched the wall where your form was. Causing your empty eyes to look down at him.

"Yeah?" You asked.

"You can feel that?" He asked.

"Yeah man, I'm just on the 2D plane right now"

L was a man of great knowledge, and he loved learning things. But this? His brain was frying trying to wrap his head around it.

"This is the closest to my truest form you'll get to see dude. Your little human eyes can't comprehend my true form on the 3D plane, that's why you see me as a human like being. The room alters your perception of me so your brain doesn't melt" you explained.

L watched the form of your arm stretch around the whole room, stopping at his feet to point at him.

"On this plane I can be as big or small as I want, long or short as I want, take any shape I want. This is just my default" you added.

"And you're sure you're not a god?" L asked.

"Nope. Just a guardian, my boss? He's a god. And he's a jerk. Don't tell him I said that-"

This mysterious boss again..? L wasn't sure he wanted to know. But there was part of him that was curious.

"Gimme a sec I gotta look in the other room..." you sighed.

Before his eyes, your form faded out of existence. Off to some other room on another dimension L couldn't see. He stood there for a moment, computing what he just saw. The past couple of days had been absolutely brain melting for him, his entire worldview was changed in mere seconds. And it just help changing as the hours went by. First he almost dies, then he's taken into a place between time and space by a cosmic entity and told he needs to stop his own death. Oh, and there's also multiverse. He's sent back in time and stops the second Kira from happening, is pulled BACK to the room between time and space to plan how to catch Light. And now he's just seen a 3D being walk into a wall and then 2D.

Man... he needed a fucking nap.

Shortly after disappearing, you faded back into existence and from out of the 2D plane you tossed something into the 3D one.

"Take that" you said.

Picking it up, L found it was a remote.

"If you ever need to escape to here, press the red button. If you fuck something up and come close to death again, you can dodge it by coming here and we'll start again" you explained.

"I feel like this is against some kind of cosmic law..." L replied.

"Well... technically not. I'm simply fixing a broken timeline, that's part of my job. Am I bending the rules a little by giving a human access to my space? Yeah... but it's for a good reason" you replied.

Well... what else could L do about it? He wanted to live and catch Kira after all. Having an easy out in case he dies again so he can start the case over was definitely one way to do it.

"What do the other buttons do?" He asked.

"Don't press them. They'll change your form, you might end up a girl... or a cat or something. Unless you WANT to be a girl, then you could just wish for it and I can give you some E shots" you replied.

"I think I'm good there... as dumb as I find gender anyway, I don't feel like messing with my current body. Noted, I won't press anything else"

"Yeah those buttons are there in case someone pops out the womb missing a soul or they're in the wrong form for that universe or something cosmic like that. Changing their form will usually fix it"

You'd given L a lot to think about, a whole heap to think about. The case, the way the universe works, what exactly alternate universe girl him was doing right now... it was melting his mind. He needed a nap, or a coma.