𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. gryffindor vs slytherin

Start from the beginning

She had helped Georgia out with her hair, too, having dusted red glitter into her curls, before fastening it into a bun. Because of this, Georgia's hair shimmered red as she sat down opposite Fianna.

"If we lose, I'm going to leave the country," says Georgia.

Fianna frowns. "Please tell me that isn't your motivational speech to the team."

"Of course not! But I keep on worrying — Mulciber is a beast, I know our team is good but what if she's managed to whip them all into shape?"

"Whatever happens, happens," says Fianna, trying to comfort Georgia. "You've done the best you can, and we've practised so much since the start of term." So much that you forgot about this match, you terrible person. "Not to mention, the Slytherin team lost their best players over the summer, aside from Reg. We've got this, OK? Whatever happens now is up to fate."

"That's such a shit pep talk."

Fianna's eyes widen at the sound of the familiar voice. She jumps up out of her seat, the marauders standing behind her. Sirius pulls her into a hug before her own brother can, and Fianna grins up at them all.

"How did you—?"

"Dumbledore gave special exceptions for alumni," says James with a shrug. "Something about maintaining relationships with peers... I think he's trying to remind the Slytherins that we're human beings."

"If any of them show," says Peter with a scoff.

Remus hugs his little sister, just as James and Peter walk around to sit beside Georgia. James puts an arm around Georgia, who groans and pushes him away. Beside Fianna, Sirius pushes an entire hash brown into his mouth.

"How are you feeling, then?" says Remus.

As Fianna goes, "Fine," Georgia says, "Shitting it."

Sirius snorts, but Remus pauses for a second, and then goes, "I mean, surely that's a good sign of a team captain, if the team's feeling fine?"

Fianna gives Remus a dirty look. "What would you know about sports?"

"I watch plenty of sports," he says.

"You still don't know what a Quaffle is, Moony," says James, raising an eyebrow.

"I think he pretends he doesn't know these things so we have to teach him," says Sirius. "Like when girls pretend they can't play pool so the lad can show them."

"What sports fan is my brother trying to—?"

"Better yet, how's my brother, Fifi?" Sirius says, swiftly (and suspiciously) changing the subject. "Isn't he playing today?"

"Uh... yes, he is," says Fianna, uncomfortably.

Sirius nods slowly. "Interesting. See when I was on the Quidditch team, I avoided dating anyone from the warring teams so that this awkwardness didn't occur—"

"That's such a lie," says Peter.

"Uh, snitches get what?" says Sirius.

"The satisfaction they told the truth," says Peter, and he gives Sirius the middle finger.

Georgia looks annoyed. "This isn't helping at all, you know," she says. "I'm going to go down early — you don't have to come yet, Fee, if you don't want to—"

Fianna thinks about the four boys grilling her about Regulus, and she stands up.

"No, I'll come with," she says.

Fianna and Georgia leave the marauders to eat their weight in breakfast foods. Fianna wonders why Lily hasn't tagged along, but Georgia quickly mentions how Lily was never fussed about Quidditch, and how Georgia thinks this is more the boys thinking they're cool, returning to their old school.