𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞. death & the empress

V —— death & the empress

🦢

          FIANNA'S REIGN OVER HOGWARTS was going swimmingly the second day back at school, if she says so herself. She woke up extra-early, her fringe sat perfectly after the first attempt at styling (when it normally took a teary-eyed three), and her skin had no new breakouts. Just a little concealer to hide scarring and dark circles, her usual smattering of pink blush and black mascara, and she was on her way. She had even managed to put on her tights without ripping a hole with her thumb, which to her felt like a good omen.

Which is something she was desperately searching for, as she arrived early to breakfast, a petition attached to the inside of her school folder. Her plan was to hand it out to as many students as possible before school started, then pass on the breaktime duties to Prewett. Fianna would take lunch, and since she has Quidditch practice after lessons, Prewett was going to go from common room to common room, library to after-school club, secret makeout hideaway to secret makeout hideaway, all to achieve their number one target: securing themselves a Yule Ball.

Fianna felt positive about the whole thing, quite truthfully; she knew the younger years would be pissed off that it would be fourth years and up, but she and Prewett agreed that they were basing their Yule Ball off of tradition, and that's what all of the Yule Balls before had done. She would be happy to speak to Dumbledore about something else for the younger years — they could always have a Christmas dinner, or something, somewhere else in the school, something that would require less supervision than the Ball.

(She says this, because one of the many reasons the Triwizard Tournaments were cancelled happened to be the many, many dual-nationality babies popping up — or should Fee say, out — after a night of hidden Firewhiskey flasks and pretty dresses.)

Fianna inhales a bowl of cinnamon porridge and raspberries before attending to the students wandering into the Great Hall, her peppiness a strong match for their second-day-back grumpiness, something that quickly dissolved after she explained her hopes for a Yule Ball. "We're going to go all-out for it chocolate fountain, photo booth, hiring a band, the lot," she told everyone, reminding them of all of the memories that they could experience on the special night. She told people about the possibility of a theme, about being able to dance with their best friends or their significant others... By eight o'clock, Fianna had run through every advantage she could think of to secure another signature on their parchment.