CHAPTER 2: THE FIRST DAY

Start from the beginning

"Ok, I can see that, but where does your "Faucet" get all of that water?"

"Oh, its connected to a water supply, you kind of have to see it as a never ending well."

He stands up and comes to the sink to see it. He then takes the glass from you and sits back down in his seat.

"Uh huh, if you say so, i'll just trust you that this is safe to drink. Now do you have anything to eat?"

You look through your cupboards.

Oh dear, you will have to do some shopping today, you are beginning to run out of supplies.

There it is, you see a box of cereal in your cupboard. You take it out and put it down on the counter.

You place a bowl in front of Lorian.

"Hm? Are you making me soup? That is not exactly breakfast food."

You pour cereal in his bowl and get the milk carton from the fridge.

"Hero, what's this? Its so... Dry."

He pick up the spoon you put down and starts poking in the cereal.

"Its called cereal, its common breakfast food in this world. You eat it with milk, go ahead, try it."

"Milk? How can you eat soggy food?"

"You actually need milk, its does not ruin anything, in fact, it tastes even better if eat it with milk."

Lorian looks at you with a perplexed face.

You pour milk in his bowl. He hesitantly takes a spoon of cereal. He finally puts the spoon in his mouth. That took longer than you wanted to.

"Its... Actually not half bad. I just have one question, why do you put milk in cardboard? I'm already surprising that there is no milk leaking from that cardboard."

Wow, he seriously wants the details of this world, is what you think to yourself.

"Its called a carton. Yes, its made out of cardboard, but there is a layer on the inside that keeps liquids in and stops leaking."

"Ok, ok, I get it."

You not properly up yet... So you decide to make yourself a coffee.

You place a mug and turn on the coffee machine.

"Hey, that's actually interesting, what does that thing do?"

"Its a coffee machine, it makes coffee. Before you ask, coffee is a beverage commonly consumed in the morning. It contains caffeine, its a substance that makes you more active and less tired."

You make yourself a bowl of cereal and sit down opposite of him.

You take a sip of your coffee. That's something you really needed.

"Alright, sorry for being the chatterbox of questions again."

"Its fine, I just hope you are adjusting to the world around you, its probably been one heck of a night for you."

"Yeah, I just hope my teachers find me fast. Do you still have questions you couldn't ask yesterday?"

"Yeah, how does the morning routine work for you in Galcadia?" 

He takes another spoon of cereal and explains:

"Well, first of all, I do not wake up to some beeping noises, but to a bell ringing in the bell tower in the city. But back when I lived in Arcos, a village with no bell tower, my parents had to wake me up. Anyhow, after waking up I go have breakfast with my parents, but I eat other things, and certainly no cereal! After that, I head out to school for my classes in magic and knowledge."