Confronting the Past, Embracing the Present

Start from the beginning

"Sorry. Then, a serious topic. Besides from me, does anyone know?" She asked.

I looked at y/n and could sense her immediate change in mood. I lightly smiled at her mom and shook my head. She understood and fell quiet for a moment.

"The cousin I told you about, he knows I like women. But, he isn't very happy about it, so I didn't tell him about y/n. I barely ever talk to him anyway." I replied. I gently grabbed y/n's hand and smiled at her.

My cousin, Doyun, used to be one of the closest people to me. We would hang out every weekend when we were younger, even though he was 5 years older than me. He would pick me up from school on Friday's, have lunch with me in our favorite restaurant and then go shopping with me if I wanted to. We always said we're siblings, as we were both only childs and longed for a brother and sister-like relationship. We were together almost all the time during holidays and we never fought much.

Until one day, when I decided to talk to him about my love life. I told him about me and Redy, and he started treating me differently ever since.

- Flashback -

"Doyun! Hi, I want to tell you something. This is Redy. My girlfriend. I hope you're not too shocked." I smiled widely at him.

"What the fuck Bada? She's what?" Doyun pointed towards Redy with a disgusted look on his face before continuing. "Are you joking? Your parents didn't raise you to be like this! Tell me this isn't real." He angrily took off his glasses. He went on and on about how me liking women isn't something to be proud of. It resulted in him grabbing and shaking me, as if trying to get me to snap out of it. This was the moment I realized he really wasn't the way he seemed.

I tried standing up for myself, but he wouldn't budge. He kept repeating that liking women is a sin. He threw away all of our years together just like that.

"Why can't you listen to me?! Fine, I like women. But that doesn't change me in any way! You can't just go on about how I am a bad person when I haven't changed a bit from back when we were younger, except that I'm happier now! I thought you would understand. I was wrong. Redy, let's leave. I'm sorry." I tried escaping his grip but he held onto me even firmer.

"You should've been the one getting my name.. Didn't you always use to talk about how it means 'correct path'? You would always find cute nicknames for me because you cherished my name so much. But, it seems like you're the one who needs it more, no? You're on the wrong path, kid." That was it. I aggressively pulled my arm away from him, making him lose his balance. He stumbled and in that time, I quickly ran out with Redy.

Ever since then, whenever he would come over, he would ask me if I finally got to my senses and changed. This would end in another argument. I eventually got tired of it and either didn't open the door, or left as soon as I noticed him. I didn't care where I would go, all I wanted was to be far away. Besides Redy, he caused me the most mental pain anyone ever could.

- End of flashback -

"Bada? Hey!" I looked up to see y/n and her mom staring right at me. I cleared my throat.

"I'm sorry. I zoned out for a bit. What were we talking about?" I faintly smiled at them.

"I asked you if you want to spend the day with me. It's Friday and I don't have any classes today. We can go to an amusement park!" Y/n asked me. I told her I would love to do it. We asked her mom if she wanted to tag along as well, but she declined, saying that she wants us to enjoy our time together.

-

Y/n's POV:

Bada drove us to a local amusement park in her car. I turned on some music and we sang along the whole ride. When we arrived, we bought tickets and noticed how empty the park was. Probably since it was still winter, and a weekday. We obviously didn't complain. This meant the waiting time wouldn't be as long and we also wouldn't have to worry about people noticing us as much either.

The time we spent in the park was incredible. We haven't been on a date like this before. There were almost no people, and we had some privacy, even while being in an open location like this.

I forced Bada onto a roller-coaster. She tried her best to talk me out of it, but I was certain we could do it. As soon as we started going up, she held onto my hand tightly, the nervousness being evident on her face. She shut her eyes and mumbled to herself. When we went down, she screamed louder than anyone on the whole ride. I laughed at her and continuously made fun of her for it after the ride. She let me, knowing I was just trying to joke around.

After a while of walking around, trying out some rides and games, we sat down on a bench near a little forest in the park. I wanted to ask Bada about her cousin, since I don't know a lot about him besides that he and Bada used to be very close. I wanted to ask her about what happened and what made them drift apart like this, but I didn't want to push it. I realized that she probably wanted to forget what happened, so I didn't ask her about him.

As we started relaxing, enjoying the bit of sun coming out, someone approached us.

"Woah! Are you really Bada Lee and Y/n?" The girl skipped towards us and covered her mouth. Bada quickly took her hand off of mine and chuckled.

"Yes, it's us. Nice to meet you. What's your name?" She asked politely. Her way of treating her fans has always been the cutest.

"My name is Kim Byeol! I've been a fan of yours for such a long time. Could I ask, are you alone here? Or are the other members with you?" She eagerly questioned.

Kim Byeol.. That name reminds me of something, but I can't quite recall what it is.

"The others are quite busy at the moment and therefore sadly weren't able to join us today. I hope you're not too disappointed?" I asked her, smiling.

She replied, saying that she was excited to meet any of us. However, she seemed to be in a rush and left fastly. We're used to fans asking for an autograph or a selfie, but she simply thanked us for our time and walked away.

"That was weird. It felt like she was in a big hurry. But, whatever. Let's relax a bit." I stretched my arms and closed my eyes.

The rest of the time in the park was calm, as we just mostly walked around, only occasionally trying out things. We were there until it started getting darker.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have any suspicion?? I hope I made it obvious in a way it's not too easy to catch on what's happening. 

Anyway, please vote if you enjoy this story, it means a lot to me, really!! Thank you<33