𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 - 𝐚𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐝𝐨 𝐤.

LOVE WAS NEVER something that occupied Albedo's mind all that much

LOVE WAS NEVER something that occupied Albedo's mind all that much. He was much more focused on how he would rule his kingdom rather than who he would rule his kingdom with.

But still, his mother wanted him to find a lover for fear that he would get lonely once he grows older. He has reassured her on numerous occasions that he wouldn't get lonely but she still tried finding a good match for him relentlessly.

On the other hand, prince Y/N was the type of person one would call, a hopeless romantic.
Their parents always wanted them to be as independent as they could be without a partner and even though they met expectations, they still longed for someone they could express love for romantically.
So, in their best attempts for wanting their child to be as happy as they can be, they looked for potential suitors for Y/N.

Ladies, lords, and non binary royalty came from far and wide but none lit up a spark in their heart just as it happened in the books that they have read about love. They were beginning to believe that true love was just a fantasy that was made up for young children to believe in trying to make sure their world stays as rainbows and sunshine for as long as possible.

Having no other choice, Rhine - Albedo's mother - and Y/N parents arranged a marriage between the two hoping for the best.

And so, Y/N waited for their future beloved hoping that they would light a spark in their heart, knowing that the chances were slim.

Albedo however, just sighed while looking out on the scenery through the carriage window.
He suspected that Rhine would pull something like this but only hoped that she wouldn't. Perhaps if he had told her that he would not like to be arranged into a marriage, he wouldn't be there, sat in a carriage waiting for his future 'lover.'

The thought of love never interested him as a child and at the age he was starting to explore those feelings he was only met with disappointment. Met with girls with distasteful personalities and boys with egos bigger than their iq's he didn't find anyone there suited for him.