Chapter 2 - Hardcore Feelings Right off the... Football 🏈

Bear with me. I'm still learning things about Milo's life, so sorry if anything is off. I welcome corrections! 😊

~ ~ ~

This really was taking me back to high school. As a member of the band, I had to go to the football games and play in the pep band, and the track ran around the football field, so whenever we had to run it for PE, there was the football field. All weren't horrible memories, it was just, well, not many people liked recalling their high school days.

The sun was out, and everyone was there on the field. About half of the people were dressed in cheerleader uniforms, and the other half football. We had people looking like zombies, humans and werewolves. I spotted Milo in his outfit. He had his zombie makeup on, and he had his green hair styled up. It matched the green of his bright green and pink uniform.

"Boy, even as a zombie, he's a hot jock." I stopped. "He wasn't a jock in high school though. But he could've been with a face like that."

I was at a camera, and people were getting ready for this scene. It was actually the beginning scene of the movie. The scenes were filmed out of order and then would be put together later like a film puzzle. As I was being instructed on what to shoot and the angles and such, I glanced over at Milo talking with the other guys playing the football team. He was smiling and having a great time, and then he acted out his "zombie mode." Obviously, the veins and such would be added in digitally. The rest was all Milo. After seen the first couple of movies, I was impressed with how he did the zombie mode.

He looked over in my direction, and he put up a hand and smiled. I waved back and got back to what I was doing. I tried not to grin because of my happiness of being new friends with Milo Manheim.

Filming would start soon, and I was the cameraperson to film Zed turning full zombie for the football practice, meaning I had to be up close to Milo while he acts out zombie mode. As I was prepping the camera for the part, and as Paul was talking with one of the other football players, Milo came up to me. My heart immediately started speeding, and I was feeling hot, and not because it was about eighty degrees outside.

"Hey, long time no see," he joked, and I looked over at him from my camera on a stand.

"Yeah, I know, right? Love the uniform. Did you play football in high school?"

"Nah, I was a band geek, remember? If I was at a football game, I was in the pep band."

"Yeah, same here. This all brings me back to high school with the football field and everything."

"Tell me about it. When I took this role, it was like I went back to high school."

"Wasn't long ago for you, though. You graduated in 2019, right?"

"I shouldn't be surprised that you know that."

I smiled guiltily, and I felt a little embarrassed. "Nope. If I tell you when I graduated, you'll call me old. Either that, or you'll think it. It's been twelve years since I graduated." He let off a smile. "See? I told you you would think I'm old."

"Thirty isn't old, Maeve. And on the contrary, you probably think I'm a youngin' since I graduated three years ago."

I pressed my lips together, but I couldn't hold it in. "Okay, okay, a little. But the heigh difference makes up for the age difference. And... I graduated in 2010. I had my ten-year reunion two summers ago." He pressed his lips together this time, and I pointed. "See? You think I'm old."

"As I said, thirty isn't old. Twenty-one is just young."

We both snickered in amusement at this banter. "Okay, okay. You have to turn into full zombie in a few minutes, and I have the pleasure of filming that."