𝐈'𝐦 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮... (Arthur A. Angel x f! Reader)/platonic

Never in his life did Arthur think he'd have an apprentice. He's always so busy with the order and the Night of the True Cross, he'd never have time for an apprentice, yet there you were, standing right in front of him. A fine young lady is how he'd describe you. Just turned 16 and in your first year at True Cross Academy. With (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes that had a certain determination and fire he couldn't quite describe.

"It won't be easy," were the first words he told you.

"I never expected it to," you answered him. Arthur let out a small huff in response.

"I'll have high expectations of you and I expect you to reach them," the man said, his voice was blunt and harsh. You gave him a simple nod in response, and looked more determined than ever before.

It was hard. Getting used to having an apprentice that followed him around all the time. It wasn't that we're annoying or constantly asked what he considered stupid questions. It was the fact he didn't know how to act around you.

Arthur has never had an apprentice before, nor had he ever considered having one. On top of that he hadn't received any real or valuable information.

Arthur had only received a phone call from Mephisto saying there was a first year Cram student who wanted to be his apprentice and then only reviving a name along with it. A few days later you were standing in front of him. Introducing yourself as Y/N L/N and his apprentice.

You took pride in being his apprentice, being able to say you were being taught by someone with such a high rank, except, you weren't.
Arthur was almost always on missions, missions that were far too dangerous for you, a simple first year.

When he wasn't on missions Arthur would let you sit in his office while he was doing paperwork. But you were never really doing anything besides sitting there and watching him work. He never really talked to you either, only if you had a test coming up.
He'd tell you to study hard and the expectations he had for you. The expectations were high... Too high...

As Arthur continued voicing his expectations to you and you felt the pressure rise. Eventually you couldn't take it anymore.
During one of his regular, what you call, "expectation talks" you broke down. The expectations and pressure being too much to handle.

Your desperate attempts at stopping the fat wet tears and violent sobs and hiccups were futile.
Meanwhile Arthur just stood there in front of you, feeling awkward. He wasn't sure of what to do. Arthur had never been the emotional type.

Arthur sighed then awkwardly put a hand on your shoulder in an attempt to comfort you. Maybe he had been a little too hard on you.
He sighed one more.

"Maybe I was too hard on you," he said with the same blunt and somewhat cold voice he always used. You looked up at Arthur, your sobs and hiccups subsided a little bit but the tears still fell.

"I'll be a bit easier on you," he said.
And Arthur held true to his word and took it easier on you after that, even made an effort of trying to talk to you and get to know you. He even offered to help you study on his rare days off.

Arthur was still not the emotional type and still kept things professional. But he was trying. He wanted to set a good example of how a good exorcist should act.

When you entered your second year, Arthur let you tag along on missions. To be fair, the missions were pretty easy but it was better than just sitting in his office while he wrote mission reports all the time.

When a mission was over he'd walk you back to your dorm while going over the mission.
He'd tell you what kind of demon it was, what you needed to do in order to exorcize it and why he did the things he did.

During one of these, what he considered "easy missions" you got ambushed by another demon that had gone unnoticed and ended up getting hurt pretty badly. You spent a week in the hospital.

When Arthur got to visit you for the first time, a feeling washed over him, an uneasy feeling he hadn't quite felt. During the week you were in the hospital felt weird. Not having you around felt weird to him. He'd gotten so used to you following him around that, suddenly when you weren't around it felt like something was missing.

He'd gotten attached to you. And during the week you were in the hospital recovering he realized; you were the daughter he never had.
After you got out of the hospital he welcomed you back and didn't allow you to go on any missions for the next month. Once he did allow you back on the field Arthur made sure you were as safe as humanly possible.

It was his way of showing he cared about you.
Half way through your second term Arthur let you actually be a part of the missions. He let you fight and try to exorcize the demon.
He had watched you come far, but he knew you still had a long way to go.

Your third year and last year of Cram school was especially hard.

All the final exams, tests and the expectations you put for yourself were putting an insane amount of pressure.

"How long have you been sitting there?" Arthur asked as he looked at you as you sat at your desk surrounded by paper and books.
You sighed, your head still buried in your papers and books, "Maybe... An hour," you said.

"When did you start studying," he asked.
"At 10 am, maybe," you answered, you still didn't look up at him.

Arthur hummed, "She's 6 pm now," he said. This made you finally look up.

You had been studying for 8 hours.

"You need a break," he said and crossed his arms over his chest.

"But I have to study. This final exam is really important, I need to get a good grade or else-"
"Stop," Arthur said harshly with a sigh. "I'm taking you out for dinner, you need a break," he continued.

And so, Arthur Agust Angel took you out to dinner. Nothing too fancy.

"If you need help with anything you can always ask me," he said as he took another bite of food.

"I know, but you're always so busy. I just don't want to bother you," you said.

"I may be busy, but I'll always make time to help you. You're my apprentice after all," he said matter of factly.

With Arthur's help you managed to pass all your exams and went out to celebrate.
The entire time he had a proud smile on his face.

Now here you are, graduation day and Arthur has had a smile on his face the entire day, quite the rare sight.

Once the ceremony is over you immediately go up to Arthur with the biggest and proudest smile on your face.

And Arthur returns the same proud smile, but he also has a fatherly look in his eyes.

"You've come far," he tells you and puts a comforting hand on your shoulder.

"And I know you will continue to move forward and do great things...

I'm proud of you Y/N..."

A/n: Thank you Kamiko_1234 for requesting this, I hope you enjoyed! Requests are open if you have any you can leave it in the comments!