5

TRIGGER WARNING: self h@rm, $u!$cide

landos pov:
"see she's in her car early, she can't do anything!" andreas says laughing. "bro she's new, carlos and charles do the same thing" i say. i get in my car and we have to go out. formation lap, i'm starting p8. i'm actually happy. "okay that was the formation lap, you'll start gridding up in a sec and you'll start the race, do you know how to grid up or do we need to explain it" andreas says to indi, god i wish they left her alone. "i know how to grid up i'm not stupid" she says, annoyed. i hear them laughing. i stay silent because if i had said anything i'd get fired. we grid up and get ready. 1... 2... 3... 4... 5.. 6..... LIGHTS OUT. "okay indianna lights are out so you can race now, do you know how to race" zak says. "oh my god i know how to race just be quiet!" indi says, i feel really bad, they can't leave her alone. i slam my foot on the pedal and i get into p5.

"good job indi" i say as i see her overtake people in my mirrors. "mhm" she says back. it's about lap 4 now and i'm p4. "suprised you could get this far" andreas and zak say to her. "hey you three how about i say something that you will know very well." she says. "go ahead" me, zak and andreas say. "well she won't get anywhere, i mean let's be civil here, she's a woman she can't do anything, and you've gotta agree, we just need her here to get the praise and when we do we' ll just kick her out of mclaren and say her contract went up, but you just have to pretend to be nice, i know you don't want her on the grid" she says. i stay silent. "yeah go fucking silent. i'm a woman and so what? i can fucking race and i'm sure andreas if you were out racing you wouldn't get any further than the formation lap. you guys are the shittiest team ever and if you are just using me for praise then how about you watch how good i do" she says angrily. zak and andreas and the team all laugh.

"oh please like a woman's going to get anywhere, women cant do shit!" zak says. "fuck you guys seriously" indiana says. they keep going on so she rips her headphones out so she can't hear them.

"guys what the fuck! you realise that she's new and your treating her like shit! she doesn't fucking deserve that crap! just because she's a woman doesn't mean you can say anything." i yell at them. i just sigh and finish the race. indianna won. she fucking won. i'm actually so proud of her. i sit there and admire her from afar. she's literally got what i want. but also, she is what i want. "lando what the fuck! i'm about to yell at indianna, if you don't join in your fired." zak says.

i just nod in fear. i don't wanna lose my dream, but my friendship with indi..  i witness a whole yelling scene as indianna walks in and zak gestures to me to do something. i freak out and grab her shoulders and turn her around "you need to shut up and stop fucking pissing us off or we will all kick you out. you think i want you as my teammate?" i say.

fuck. lando what the fuck. i push her into oscar and walk off. i feel my legs get weak and i run to my drivers room. i get inside and just burst into tears. i actually can't believe i said that. that's not how my mum taught me to treat women, especially when they're like indianna. fuck i feel like shit. and now she's going to quit and never talk to me again. my biggest fear. i fall to the ground and start shaking, bawling my eyes out completely. i grab my phone through my sobs and i call carlos. he picks up imeditley.

c: bro what happened?

l: carlos-

i just sob.

l: i fucked up and i feel like shit! i betrayed indi when i should've been by her side supporting her and now she hates me and now i will never get the chance i want with indi, fuck i'm stupid! i seriously don't know what's wrong with me why do i screw things up?

c: hey hey hey lando i get your upset but indianna is very upset rn, maybe talk to her tonight, and explain how what you did was wrong.

l: thank you carlos, and can you tell charles we've talked, and tell him what i said? because i regret everything i said and i feel so bad