Young Hero: The rise of the Shadow Lord

Start from the beginning

I found it hard to see a thing but I managed to pull of my jacket and t-shirt before taking of my trainers and pulling of my jeans. I found my Pyjama shorts on my pillow and quickly got into them. I pulled back my covers and got into my bed and pushed the covers over me as I heard foot steps up the stairs. I quickly managed to lie down in the warm comfortable covers and closed my eyes as I heard my bedroom door creak open.

“Night, night my sweat boy” she whispered into the room before my bedroom door shut quietly and I was left alone in my room once again.

I moved myself around in the covers for a few minutes before I tried to sleep. As I heard movement not far away I managed to slowly to  drift of to sleep hoping I could find the time in the morning to talk to my mother before I left for school.

I wish I could say my dream didn’t scare me a little but then again that would be lying. My dream started something like this from what I remember.

I was standing on top of a hill breathing in the strong smell of lavender in the air. It took me a few moments to realise that two people were standing next to me but the girl was looking up at the sky and the boy was looking at her annoyed.

“Do you believe that you are powerful then him, you can’t be even if you are his son” I heard her hiss.

 “Well yeah maybe my father was a great man…” he began.

“Ha…a man don’t make me laugh he will never be a man and neither will you” she said loudly to him.

“Look I don’t know what your game is or what you are trying to do but I will be as good as my father and you have no right to say otherwise and besides I don’t see your mother speaking to you or congratulating you” he said angrily back to her.

“Don’t speak to me about my mother no one is allowed  to do that even if you are the person I have only spoke to of this” she said sadly.

“Why do you hide aren’t you meant to be like one of the angels of the light” he said to her.

“It is none of your concern is it monkey boy now leave me alone” she said even angrier then the first time.

“Fine but I can not manage to see if I am the closest person you have got to how you treat people who you dislike or you don’t even talk to” he said to her. “Yeah you said it right monkey boy…I don’t speak to them consider yourself lucky now leave this hill and do not return till I say otherwise go protect the sheep or something” she said angrily.

“Fine you go on one of those stupid female moods again but maybe someone will actually like you if you were not as nasty as you are ever think of that Anya” he said sadly.

He began to walk of but now I knew why the girl called Anya called the boy monkey boy as he had a monkey tail coming out his trousers. “One more thing…we must find him soon or I don’t believe we have much hope” he began.

“I said no more move along monkey boy before I send for the giant....he probably be hungry and I know that but we don’t even know who is meant to help us”

My dream changed to find a tall giant staring down at me and I woke as quickly as I had once before when my mother had chucked cold water over me once at the table by accident…if that is even possible and I had managed to fall asleep in my mothers homemade soup which happened she had not even handled to cook it right and I had fell a sleep in it.

I had to wash my face and hair for hours to just get rid of the smell and yes that was how bad it was. The only good part of the story in a way the cold water made me wake up instead of lying in the soup longer.

I was sitting up in my bed breathing heavily finding my mother at my bedroom door looking over at me weirdly.

“Are you alright” I asked her as I looked at my alarm cloak.

“Yes I am fine it is you that I am worried about looks like you seen a ghost ha-ha” she smiled.

“No…bad dreams that is all slightly weird, its half six I might as well get up pointless staying in bed if I do I will not manage to get up otherwise” I smiled over at her.

I could sense there was something she was hiding from me by her expression on her face and I would not normally question her but this time I had to.

“No offence but before you start wondering what is wrong with me were did you get that burn and when you are trying to hide things from me next time don’t bring in a jacket that looks like its been smoked to bits” I said to her.

She looked at the burn that was on her left arm and the jacket she had in her right.

“You have not right” she began.

 “No right to what mother, question you, wondering why you come home late every night, why you hide stuff from me all the time why your no normal mother…and why I worry…just forgot it you will never tell me anyway” I said to her.

I left her standing at my bedroom door as I slipped passed her and headed towards the stairs. "Don’t walk away from me while I am talking to you” she said annoyed.

“I do what I like when you hide things from me if I have things I don’t wish to discuss with you then leave it…I wanted to have a normal conversation as I am having some trouble at school but forget that too I deal with it myself” I said to her.

“Son…please Fate don’t do this” she began.

“To late its already been done…I love you mother and that is why I want to know but its obvious till you stop lying to me it shows that you don’t love me as much as you should” I said to her as I headed down stairs and straight into the kitchen to find something to eat for breakfast.

“Young man I love you so much I don’t know how you can even say that to me” she said to me angrily.

I turned to find my mother behind me she had followed me to the kitchen. “Alright I am sorry I just sometimes I just wish you were around more I never see you half the time” I said to her.

 She looked disappointed in her self before she smiled at me. “Why don’t we spend some time tonight together as it’s a Friday how about that” she asked me nicely.

“Yeah that sounds great” I smiled at her.

We didn’t talk much of that and I think she knew I was still angry with her.

I had some toast for breakfast and sat in silence at the dinning room table I was no longer in the mood to talk to my mother. I then went up stairs to get changed into my school cloths and came back down stairs wearing a shirt, a tie, trousers, school shoes and school blazer with my messy black hair and green eyes.

“I hate uniforms” I said to her.

“Don’t we all the bus is here you better get going see you tonight” she smiled at me.

“Yeah tonight” I said as she rushed me out the door and closed the door behind me.

“Bye” I said annoyed as I found a yellow school bus in front of my house. I slowly walked through the front garden closed the garden gate behind me and climbed onto the bus. The doors clanged together behind me.