THIRTY-FOUR.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR:
The Port Mafia Annual Gala.
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The day had arrived.

The Port Mafia Annual Gala landed on a Friday evening. Rain was drizzling from the sky, falling over the bustling city of Yokohama. Every light in the Port Mafia Headquarters was on, making a golden glow pour from the building. Aki stood in front of her floor length mirror, smoothing out her chosen dress for the night. It was a skin-tight silk dress, the colour of the red wine Chuuya liked so much. There was a slit from the thigh, the material flowing down to the ground in a small trail. She wore gold jewellery, which had been waiting for her on her dressing table—the note was addressed from Kouyou, a gift from her to Aki. Her feet were clad in black heels that wrapped around her ankles in criss-crosses, just like the black ribbon around her neck.

"Fucking hell," A voice breathed out from behind her. It was Chuuya. She had already sensed him behind the door before he opened it—hell, she had sensed him from down the hall. She turned her head, the curve of a smile on her lips. "It should be illegal for you to look this fucking good. I might just have to get you arrested." He said in a throaty voice, his eyes taking in the sight of her in the dress. She had picked it herself—and it had been for him. She'd worn the colour he adored. It was a cheesy notion, but it had received the exact reaction she'd hoped for. A completely different reaction from the first time he had stepped in her room, seeing her dressed in a fancy dress.

Aki looked him up and down, taking a step towards him, "I could say the same about you," She said, her eyes sucking him in. "I just wanna handcuff you to my bed and never let you leave." She possessively told him, making his heart flutter in his chest—but he'd grown used to that, accepting it was the effect the woman in front of him had on him. At first, he hadn't understood what it meant for his stomach to flutter, but he'd come to the realisation pretty soon that it was butterflies.

Aki licked her lips as she looked at him. He was wearing a black silky shirt, a red waistcoat over the top with black stitches detailing it in swirls, a pocket-watch hidden under the pocket on his waist, the silver chain linked with the first button of the waistcoat. A black leather belt, the buckle silver, a black suit-jacket over the top sitting square on his broad shoulders. Black dress-trousers, black shiny boots. His usual choker adorned his neck, along with the hat on his head. He was beautiful—so fucking beautiful. He dressed himself so well, always looking like a proper gentleman. It made Aki weak in the knees.

"Don't say shit like that or we're not leaving this bedroom," Chuuya warned her, his eyes soaking her in. That damn waist of hers. He took a few steps towards her, wrapping his arms around that damn waist, pulling her into him and hooking his arms behind her. "You're beautiful. I should have told you the first night I came into your room and saw you in that dress for our mission. I wanted to say it—it physically hurt not to but I was being stubborn. I didn't want to admit it." He told her before pressing a long kiss to her forehead. He was just taller than her to place his lips directly between her eyes without having to reach or lower himself. She was the perfect height for him—just pocket-sized.

"I wanted you to say it too," She confessed, her hands splayed on his chest, fiddling with the material of his waistcoat. She laughed a little before continuing. "I had poor Gin and Higuchi go through so many dress options trying to find the right one. I wanted to hear it so badly—even if I didn't realise it."