031. we're just out here, crying about death

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, Kevin approached them, wanting to check up on his girlfriend as she'd been gone for so long. Once he got close enough to the pair, he could see through the illusion that Rachel was in pain, and Faith was inflicting it.

"Leave her alone!" Kevin seethed, as Faith found herself suddenly shoved against a wall, as she was faced to face with what seemed like a wolf-man form. Kevin, looking as though he was in a partially shifted form, snarled at the tribrid who wore an amused expression before she started to laugh.

"What in the Beacon Hills is this? Some sort of partially turned wolf? I have to say, I've never seen this before." The Mikealson confessed before she turned to Rachel. "Tell your puppy to back off before I rip his heart out."

"Kevin, let go of her." Rachel pleaded as Kevin kept his glare on Faith. "I'm serious, she's a dangerous bitch." The Diamond added as the Corvin reluctantly took a step back from Faith, though he kept his glare on her.

Faith's lips curved up into a smirk before she said, "Incendia." Kevin suddenly caught ablaze, letting out a scream. "Kev!!" Rachel cried out, as she got to her feet, as she ripped her hands through the stakes painfully. The blonde rushed over to Kevin's side as Faith let the flames extinguish.

Back in his human form, Kevin healed slowly while Rachel threw her arms around him, relieved that Faith didn't kill him. Kevin didn't seem bothered though, as he took one of Rachel's hands with his and noticed the giant holes in them that were slowly healing.

Kevin glanced up at Faith, seeming angry for what she had done to the vampire. Faith just smirked again before she approached them and placed her hands on the sides of Rachel's head as she roughly lifted her to her feet. Rachel let out a squeak as Faith looked through her mind, searching for anything that would lead her to Salem.

"So what happens after you kill Olivia?" Rachel asked curiously, as Salem looked to her. The Pierce wasn't blind, it was clear Rachel had taken a liking towards her and wanted to keep the vampire by her side.

Rachel saw a potential friend in Salem, as she had seen in Clary... but not the kind of friendship most people considered normal. It was in a Serena Van Der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf kind of situation, except much more toxic.

"I don't know. I hope to be sipping coconuts and relaxing by the beach, somewhere very far away from here." Salem decided, making it very clear that she wasn't hanging around. Rachel seemed slightly disappointed.

"I wouldn't be caught dead staying in a town like this." Salem added, as Mystic Falls was a place that brought her a lot of pain. Rachel nodded, her eyes darting to what seemed like a plane ticket that was poking out of Salem's handbag.

"Miami." Faith realised, as she let go of Rachel. The blonde just looked to the tribrid with an expression of surprise, as Kevin placed himself in front of the Diamond in a protective manner.

Faith tore her eyes away from the pair and turned to leave the Grill, feeling as though she'd received the information she needed. Rachel and Kevin just watched in surprise as she left.

"Are you okay?" Kevin asked, examining the girl as he placed his hands gently on her cheeks. Rachel gave a nod, feeling a little violated that Faith had gone through her memories.

"I... I forgot about our lunch." Rachel suddenly realised, instantly trying to drift her mind from Faith. "I ordered us lunch— it's probably cold now." The Diamond realised as Kevin's expression softened. "It's okay, you have a microwave don't you?" The Corvin asked, trying to lighten the mood.