02

Lily woke up with a huge headache. She didn't remember anything she did after talking to Scorpius the night before. She got up and slowly made her way to the bathroom to brush her teeth. But when she looked in the mirror she gasped loudly at the massive hickey on her neck. Panicking, she took a purple turtle neck from her trunk that her mother got her for christmas last year and put it on.

"What's up with you?" Alice asked her while she munched her breakfast, noticing her best friends odd behavior

"Look, dont freak out.. but i kind of have a hickey on my neck and i dont know from who"

"WHAT"

"YOU RE NOT HELPING"

"Okay so, from what i remember.. I saw you alone with Malfoy"

"Do you think he gave it to me?" Lily whispered, shocked at her own words

"I don't know, maybe"

"Oh god.."

A couple of days later the fire was crackling in the gryffindor common room. Lily was sitting on her bed reading her favorite book that she got as a gift from her aunt Hermione when someone knocked on the door. Lily told the person on the other end of the door to come in and it was no other than her cousin Rose Weasley.
Rose came in and told Lily she needed to tell her something. Lily and Rose grew up together. Even though Rose was in the year above her they we re still pretty close (and each others favourite cousin).

"Lily you have to promise you wont be mad" her cousin said while putting a strand of her hair behind her ear

"I wont get mad Rosie I promise"

"So.. last week at the slytherin common room party i kind of talked to Lorcan and he was really nice to me.. and i know you two had 'a thing' as he said but i think i really like him Lily"

When her cousin said his name all of Lily's memories came flooding back. Her sitting on the slytherin common room couch,him kissing her and then giving her the hickey. She was too stunned to say anything so she just told her cousin that she was okay with her dating Lorcan and that everything was okay between them. She just hoped Lorcan didn't remember what happened.

"Thats great!" Rose said hugging her cousin "I also kind of talked to mom and dad and the twins are going to spend Christmas break with us" Rose said with a smile and left without another word.

'This girl..' Lily said to herself.
She was always sort of jealous of her cousin. Rose was pretty, popular, and pretty much had all of the boys at her feet. She even dated Malfoy last year.

The slytherin common room on the other hand was buzzing with laughter and chatter. Scorpius was mourning over his 'impossible' history of magic essay when Albus came in.

"Scorp did you hear about Rose and Scamander?" Albus asked, making Scorpius turn around to face him

"Wait which Scamander?"

"Lorcan"

"Oh my god that girl has no taste" Scorpius said rolling his eyes and turning back to his paper

"I mean you know she dated you too right?" Albus said with a chuckle

"Besides me, obviously"

"Scorpius i have to ask you something"

"You never call me by my first name, what up Al?"

"I saw you at the party with my sister. Do you have feelings for her?"

Albus' question really got to Scorpius. Lily was a beautiful girl sure. And he was just Scorpius' type. But no. She was his best friends sister. No way.

"No..? Why'd you ask?"

"No reason" Albus shrugged but he knew Scorpius was a terrible liar. He saw the way he was looking at Lily. He just has to accept his feelings.

"Headmistress Mcgonagall you asked to see me?" Lily said entering her headmistress's office the next day

"Yes Lily, thanks to your outstanding marks this year we have assigned you and another student to tutor you fellow classmates who have a hard time passing. And if their grades improve in the next two months you and your partner will receive a O (outstanding) in history of magic."

Lily was over the moon when she heard that.

"You may go to the library now to see your partner and the students you will tutor" the headmistress added and with that Lily made her way to the library.

Opening the door to the library she saw who her partner was. Of course it was Scorpius Malfoy.

"Well well, If it isn't Lily Luna Potter. Cant say I'm surprised" Scorpius said as Lily took the seat next to him

"Malfoy a history of magic genius? Who would have guessed" Lily said with a smirk

"How'd you enjoy the party? Or the part where your cousin got together with your ex boyfriend"

"How do you know that?" Lily whispered

"I have my ways"

"Just dont tell anyone please"

"You dont have to beg Potter, i wont tell anyone" Scorpius said, just then noticing how close his face was with Lily's

Just then a pretty brunette hufflepuff girl sat on one of the chairs in front of them and introduced herself as Diane. And just then Lorcan Scamander entered the library. Lily's heart stopped and her eyes grew a bit wider when he sat down next to Diane.

Scorpius whispered into Lily's ear that it was okay and surprisingly that calmed her down.
Halfway through the tutoring session Diane smiled and asked Lily how long her and Scorpius were together for. Lily wanted to disagree but Scorpius intervened.

"Just a couple of weeks, but I really do love Lily" Scorpius said, taking her hand and turning to her

Lily, knowing what he was doing, smiled and Scorpius smiled back. In that moment he realized how beautiful Lily was and how her beautiful hazel eyes lit up in the sun.

"You've been dating for weeks huh?" Lorcan said, totally ruining the moment "Do you know what she did with me at the Slytherin common room party?"

"Lorcan stop"

"Scamander why dont you mind your business. You're with Rose now aren't you? Then stop bothering Lily" Scorpius said, staring him now and actually making him stop.

After the long painful 2 hours we're over Scorpius walked Lily to her common room.

"Thank you for pretending to my boyfriend to make Lorcan jealous and for shutting him up" Lily said as they we're slowly making their way through the dark pretty much empty corridors

"Its my pleasure Potter" Scorpius said and smiled

When they finally got to the common room, Scorpius told Lily goodnight, smiled, and went back to his common room.
Hooping onto her bed she thought about Scorpius and how nice he was to her. Maybe he wasn't as insufferable as she thought.

The next day after her classes we're over, Lily was heading to the great hall when someone dragged her aside. It was her cousin Rose, looking pretty mad.

"What do you think you're doing dating Malfoy? My. ex. boyfriend."

'Damn you Lorcan' Lily said to herself

"Rose you're dating my ex, i dont see the problem. I really like Scorpius"

"First of all, I didn't know you and Lorcan dated only after we got together but you knew Scorpius and I dated for months last year"

Lily rolled her eyes and left. Why was Rose so protective of Scorpius? Its not like they we're still together.

Little did Lily know Lorcan was not going to keep his mouth shut.