“Yes, sir!”

Ken didn’t move, still under the shock. He allowed him to just step slowly closer to the door before a high kick from Arm pushed him on the floor, losing his weapon through the impact.
“The fuck!” He screamed, sitting back and discovering Arm and Pete in front of Kinn, like a demon, he looked like a demon at the entry of hell. He looked as if he was going to devour his soul. He wasn’t totally wrong about this.

“Did you know about Kim?”

“I did.” Ken said, less calmly then he wanted it to be.

Kinn sighed. “So, you don’t approve of what I am doing now…”

“I do! I do !” Ken repeated, a little to save his life, a huge amount because lying never had been a problem for him.

“You dare lie to me?” Kinn asked back, his voice being playful now.

“I am not! I swear!”

Kinn walked closer and kneeled in front of Ken. “You still kept my brother away from me, you still betrayed me, you still knocked him off, and you even hurt Porchay. What should I do?”
Ken said nothing, he never saw the second child acting like this, he never witnessed him looking this much like his father. As a great secret hand, Ken always thought that Kim would have been the one to be afraid off, not Kinn and even less Tankhun. But now, he was terrified by those icy pupils and he also had no idea how he could save his life. “Right…you don’t know either…put him in jail.” Kinn stated, Arm and Pete doing their best around Ken’s protest and empty promises to do better and to work better, that he should have faith in him. The moment he didn’t have anyone in sight, he sat on the ground, his muscles relaxed, his jaw wasn’t clenched anymore. Some tears could be seen in his eyes, and he met Kim’s and Yok’s faces, not able to put words to the situation.

“I…never…saw you like this…” Yok said, sitting too.

“Because I never was…” Kinn confessed with a softer smile.

“What is…happening?” Kim asked, he wasn’t sure he understood anything from what he saw. He didn’t even know what he himself did, or at what changing point he was. But Kinn’s shaken pupils were a sign that things would never be the same after this moment.

Kinn didn’t plan on shooting his father. He didn’t think about it, he needed to help Kim, he needed to be there for his brother and for his mother too. He felt as if he was the one able to do what she would have done if she could, moving earth and sky to get back to her children, greeting heaven and hell to have one last chance to save them. The only result was that the guardian of their sorrow should disappear to hope for a better future, the guardian of the door was the demon of their nights.

Kinn didn’t plan on shooting his father. He was late, he had to convince Porchay to stay outside with Tankhun, he couldn’t protect him and Kim at the same time, he knew that his abilities were not enough against all of those men ready to sacrifice their own life for orders. And his action looked so much more a necessity thinking of them, thinking that his father could just say one word and he would be out too: he had since their conversation no doubts that he would be able to just put his own child out of the world. He needed, he absolutely was under the condition of persuading his father that Kim was a child and not a weapon.

Kinn never had been good in talking with his father, always agreeing and talking behind his back and the painful, the awful and terrible sensation that his mother suffered so much, that his little brother suffered so much and that they would all suffer more now that the truth was out just broke the security of his really new and foreign gun, it created a hole in his father’s, in his boss’ head and he was nothing more than a body, soon a corpse, not able of doing anything. He tried to find a peaceful outcome, he tried so much through some words but all he said was : “If you are against me I don’t see why I should keep you with me”.

He might have thought that an emotional attack would have given so much sorrow to Kinn that he would have stopped this. It only scared him more, it only showed to Kinn that he was also just a man used by Korn, not his father, Korn. And if he was gone, who would protect Tankhun? Who would help Kim? Who would help Yok? He still didn’t know that she was here but he appreciated that woman, enough to not let her be killed, he loved them all enough to just explode his head and not feel bad about it, not now. Not when he felt so free, not when they were all safe because he explicitly and violently took the power over his father, because every man was his new toy he could order everything to. He kept them under his power, he showed who he was and what he was capable of. All of this made, he sat himself loudly and realized.

He shot his father. He felt weird, he felt out of himself, but he didn’t feel any sadness, he couldn’t feel any sadness anymore towards this man and it was the moment he realized that his father stopped being one a long time ago, and he just killed Korn.