"Alright, tell me. Your cousin is back. Why?" I looked at her with raised eyebrows. She threw her hands up and groaned. "I don't know! He just suddenly showed up."

My mom looked over, listening to our conversation. "Oh Bada. I don't know what's wrong but if something is bothering you at home, why don't you stay with us for a while?" I smiled at my moms idea, fully supporting it.

"I really don't want to bother you.. I would just burden you." Bada declined but we wouldn't let her. We lectured her on how she wouldn't be a burden in any way and that she could stay over whenever she wanted.

Eventually, she agreed and thanked us. "I hope he'll be gone soon. I don't want to be near him. He irritates me so much."

"Sorry to interrupt, but I'll be going to the grocery shop. Is there anything in particular you want to eat tonight" Mom asked us and I remembered how Bada told me how she was craving pasta some days ago. So, that's what I told my mom. She grabbed a bag and left.

"By the way, any updates on Redy? Did she try calling you again?" Bada questioned.

"Not exactly. But some people asked why I don't interact with her as much anymore. I think I'm gonna have to do something about that." I sighed. She nodded and told me what I should do.

"Let's change the topic now. I don't want you thinking about all of this. Should we put on a movie?" I pointed towards the TV.

"Sure. Just put on anything." She said and I played a random movie that was in my recommendations. She softly patted on the spot right next to her and told me to come sit. I scooted closer to her and she put her arm around me, playing with my hair. I replied by laying my head on her chest, giving her more access. She twirled strands of my hair around her finger before gently letting them slide off before repeating it. I could feel her soothing heartbeat and felt at peace. I turned around after some time and looked at her. She smiled at me sweetly, scrunching up her nose. I touched it, then traveled down to her lips. I brushed my finger over them lightly and moved my head up to face her. Then, I leaned in, but waited a bit. She had her eyes closed, expecting me to kiss her. Because of the long wait, she furrowed her brows and opened her eyes.

"What?" She asked me. I chuckled at her and she grabbed my head, leading it closer to hers. Our lips finally met. I melted into the kiss. I felt her smile slightly as she pulled away for a moment, putting her forehead onto mine. She kissed me again, and I could taste the hint of strawberry from her lipstick.

"Oh my God!"

I pulled away immediately. I hadn't noticed the door unlocking. I closed my eyes in fear, hoping this was just some kind of nightmare.

"Uh.. Sorry. I'll just.. leave you alone."

I figured it was in fact not a nightmare nor my imagination.

"No mom, wait." I breathed out heavily, looking over to Bada. She seemed as anxious as me, if not even more. Her face was completely red, and her hands were shaking. She looked back at me while nodding barely, making it almost impossible for me to see it.

"Mom. Don't freak out. You most definitely weren't supposed to.. find out about it this way." I never talked to my mom about her opinion on being queer. I naturally thought she didn't think highly of it as it's quite usual.

"Mom, Bada and I.. we're dating." I choked out with the last bit of confidence. Tears started forming in my eyes.

I felt my heart beating abnormally fast. It felt like it would explode any moment now.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me earlier? My dear daughter, I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you found someone like Bada to have by your side." She put her bags down excitedly and ran towards us.

"..What? Are you joking?" Tears were rolling down my face at this point. She wiped them and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Why would I be joking? You didn't really think I wouldn't approve of your relationship right?" She asked me.

I didn't say anything. I couldn't comprehend what was going on. My mom hugged me and Bada. She smiled widely at us. Bada was, again, as startled as me. Her eyes were wide open and her hand covered a part of them, as she tried to keep herself from crying.

"So, you really accept us? You're not mad?"

"I have no reason to be. If my daughter is happy with her partner, so am I. Besides, Bada is genuinely the person I trust taking care of you."

We spent the evening talking about Bada and me; How we realized we liked women, how we started dating, and so on. My mom comforted both of us the whole time. She told me that she's sorry for giving the impression that she wouldn't support us. The whole time, we all stayed close to each other, and after a bit, I felt Bada warming up and feeling more confident to talk. We had dinner together, watched a movie together and talked for hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------

sorry if there are any mistakes, i'm way too tired to think right now. anyway, thank you for all the attention this book has been getting. I didn't expect it at all. thank you so much!!🙏