- Nᴏ Oɴᴇ Uɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅs -

Start from the beginning

He looked around, turning his head in every direction. He kneeled down to place his palm against the ground, check if maybe she made a tunnel there to take a nap. Sometimes Rhonda liked to get underground. But he didn't heard and felt the vibrations of her familiar purring. In fact, he did not see any giant armadillo around the place at all.

Clay said he would bring her back. So Clay knew where she was.

He walked up to the middle child, but stopped on his track. The lime green haired troll had a nervous expression as he fiddled his fingers, refusing to meet his older brother's gaze.

Why can't he look at him?

- ... I'm so sorry John.

He shook his head, or maybe it was his whole body? He was shaking for sure and his legs were threatening to collapse under his weight. His leather jacket felt really heavy now, his goggles too tight around his evergreen colored hair.

- N-No, his legs were shaking so much he took a step back, You're lying to me ! He giggled, but it hurted, O-Okay, you got me ! You can stop joking around ! HAH !

Branch's eyebrows moved down, and John Dory's smile dissapeared, he felt panic. He never felt so panicked.

- ... He's not making a joke, JD, Branch told him carefully.

But no matter how soft, how sweet, how gently he could have said those words, it would have never stopped the sharp pain that shoot through his flesh. His heart dropped down in his stomach. His lungs burnen and he felt like he suddendly needed air; needed air so much that his breathing quickened as if he was running a marathon, even though in reality, he was still barely standing on his shaky legs.

He closed his eyes, the world was spinning.

- ... Where's Rhonda ?

His voice was low. He heard Clay bit his lip before he spoke up;

- She ran off.

- Wrong answer, where is she ?!

He opened his eyes again but he was staring at the floor. He would feel the vibration of the armadillo's purring soon, she was here, somewhere !....

- I'm telling you the truth man ! She just ran off !

.... and John Dory saw red.

- YOU PIECE OF FROSTING ! I'M GONNA KILL YOU !!

He tackled Clay on the ground, he could barely hear Branch, Poppy and Floyd screaming for him to let go. He grabbed firmly into his brother's clothes and screamed in his face. Clay had his cheek pressed against the ground, his eyes were shut tightly, unable to get free.

- YOU BETTER TELL ME WHERE SHE IS RIGHT NOW !! OR I'LL- I'LL-!!

- J, STOP IT !

Floyd grabbed his jacket and pulled him back with force. Branch forced him to let go on the green fabric and Poppy got between the two so he couldn't approach the putt putt troll. Clay looked terrified as he instinctively pulled Branch away from John Dory.

His chest was moving up and down along with his heavy breathing. Floyd let go of him and he began pacing back and forth. Clay, still terrified, did not dared to approach him but tried to explain himself;

- We were coming back to Trolls Village and I looked away for a second and she was gone !! I don't know where she went !

- YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD BRING HER BACK !! He remind Clay.

- I'm sorry ! I was going to !!

- OKAY GUYS ! Poppy got between the two of them, There's no need to panic-