𝗣𝗔𝗦𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗪𝗢𝗘

PROLOGUE VI

PROLOGUE VI.
ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵘⁿᵏⁿᵒʷⁿ

      YOU WEREN'T dizzy anymore, sure. But, did your head hurt like hell. You groaned and leaned against the door as you felt another pang of pain in your head. Just what exactly was this unlucky streak you had going on? Not to offend Yuu or Grim... but, you were starting to regret stepping out of Ramshackle to look for them.

You were very confident that if the roles were switched, Yuu would have sweetly searched for you, no questions asked. Grim as well... begrudgingly. If you were to explain your intentions back in your world, you would have gotten so many weird looks and judged, commenting about your unnecessary nack for "trouble" and staying out of matters that were not your problem. As heartless as it sounds, they were right, it's not like Yuu or Grim were people you cherished in your heart for so long.

Still, (mostly) Yuu and Grim have been kind to you, and not showing a little ounce of care despite their efforts made, would have marked a new low for you. However, with how this night was going so far, you were slowly caring less and less. As much as you wanted to turn around, return to your worn-out bed in Ramshackle, and call it a day, you were already here so you might as well get it over with. Plus, you didn't want to take your chances with whoever put you in that drunken state.

Sucking it up, you turned the door handles, pushing the doors ajar. "WOAH!" You yelped as another pang of pain struck your head, resulting in your vision becoming distorted. Seeing the ground approach your face at an alarming rate, your reflexes snapped into action as you grabbed the door handle.

You fell on your back anyway, but, hey, at least it wasn't your face... There weren't any students around, that you were grateful for. But, it didn't stop you from flushing in embarrassment. You could only imagine how silly it must have looked when you suddenly stumbled forward from another's point of view. God, tonight wasn't your night... was it...? Ahaha...

"Oh? I knew I heard commotion outside my office... I wasn't expecting it to be you, Miss (n)." The Headmaster finally acknowledged your fallen self on the ground, looking up from the papers on the desk, working on what? You didn't know. Your eyebrows furrowed a little as The Headmaster's words replayed in your mind. What did he mean by that...?

"What you're telling me is that you heard a strange noise outside, but didn't bother to check? Headmaster, there could have been something outside that might have attacked you." You murmured in slight disbelief. Of course, you would know. ...Actually... to say you were attacked was a stretch, but, it's not like you wanted it to happen anyway.

The Headmaster remained unbothered even at the possibility of being attacked. He closed his beady orbs (eyes), sipping his night tea from his cup. "Ah, but I'm safe and sound, aren't I not? Either way, if something were to give chase, I believe I could handle myself very well. Why the statement? Ah, were you perhaps worried about me?" He seemed to bristle up with pride over that, and admittingly, it made you slightly cringe.