Pt12. Homecoming Part:3

Start from the beginning

"Ask me again when we're not in the middle of battle. The fox and hedgehog, where are they?" You scan the ground for more bots that threaten to pop out.

Amy looks at you pensively, "I don't think I trust you with that information..." She throws her hammer at a bird behind you causing it to explode before gracefully catching the hammer out of the air.

You feign irritation and sigh extra loud, "If you won't tell me then let's hurry up and deal with these small fry."

The ground rumbles behind you, Knuckles landing and gearing up to swing at you. You jump away and assume a defensive stance. He points at you, "Go figure you're behind this attack! How did you get out of your cage (Y/A)?"

Amy taps his shoulder, "I don't think they're involved with any of this Knuckles.. I mean I don't trust them either but they didn't surprise attack me earlier and it would've been easy for them to."

Your eyes hone in, tracing the paths of the robots' movements. The bird-bots and mole-bots are synchronizing an attack-
One, three, seven..? Seven points of attack- Two moles and one bird on the echidna, two moles and birds each on the hedgehog... The echidna will be attacked a moment sooner...
Got it.
You rush at Knuckles, a menacing look in your eyes. He grits his teeth and winds up for an attack as he waits for you to be in range.

Perfect.

You orbit around him slightly as you get close, it would be a rough attack to dodge but this was the only way to get the information you needed before the doctor's forces left. He turns to his side as you come within range, his fist smashing down and just barely missing your tail. Before his fist can impact the ground he sees the mole-bot breach the dirt as his fist impacts them into scrap metal.

Five to go...
Using Knuckles as leverage you push off his shoulder and aim a spinning kick forward, hooking the bird-bot on your shoe and propelling it toward the two attacking Amy. They collide in an explosion as fiery metal bursts into the air.

Two more-
You land between Knuckles and Amy, extending a sweeping foot and knocking one of Amy's legs out from underneath her moments before the mole-bots breach the soil. One of them barely trims Amy's quills as it passes. Reaching your hands out they're both caught in the air, inches away from hitting Knuckles too.

Your body releases tension as the attacks are thwarted, you heave a heavy breath crushing the mole bots into each other. "It's a good thing you don't trust me echidna, if you did then those moles would've drilled right through you." You hold a hand down to Amy, "I'll say again, we need to hurry up here otherwise bad things are sure to happen to your friends."

She looks at you shell shocked, reaching a hand as you pull her to her feet. "Umm- thanks... Could you always do stuff like that-?"

"In ideal conditions, yeah. The middle of the night exhausted in pouring rain on an empty stomach was less than ideal." You snap your fingers, "Seriously, save the questions. The fires will spread across the island if something isn't done quickly. I recommend destroying the robots then evacuating the civilians further toward the coast. During the evacuation me and one of you should find the fox and hedgehog."

Knuckles stomps toward you, "Hey, why should we believe you WANT to find our other friends? It's not like saving our skin one time is enough for us to completely trust you."

You sigh to yourself, "You think I'm shady, so I would argue why would the people that live here listen to me either? I could try to get them to the coast but they have no reason to trust me." You shrug, "When it comes down to it if these folks end up dead that blood's not going to be on my hands. You lot are the heroes, so be the heroes and lead the innocent to safety." The words cut your throat as you said them. Heroes? Come off it. Hurry up and take the bait you idiots...