07. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡

vii

vii. "Welcome...to the oasis known as the Beach."
season one, episode five

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 flashed around the crowded room as everyone got ready for the game

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 flashed around the crowded room as everyone got ready for the game. At the entrance, a woman lingered in the door which gave Sakura a chance.

"Excuse me." Sakura called out, the woman turning to face her.

The woman stood dumbfounded at the sight of Sakura. The hood covered all of her hair and her back was turned to the woman. This was to hide her identity just in case the Beach was a cruel and crazy group that sought people out.

"Sorry but I have a quick question. Have you ever heard of The Beach?"

Shuddering was all Sakura heard for a second before heavy footsteps. Quickly turning around, Sakura was surprised to see the woman was sprinting away as if Sakura was a ghost.

"Okay then."

Sakura sighed as she walked away, it had been like that for days. Either people ran away or wouldn't say anything. So they were stuck in square one with no insight of what the Beach was. Sakura was getting sick of not knowing anything.

The group was now in front of the beach they rode by the other day. The waves calmly clashed and the night sky radiated a blue hue. It was a calm setting. One Sakura hasn't seen in a while.

"We still don't know where the Beach is." Usagi sighed.

"And now, we're back here again." Arisu muttered, feeling discouraged.

The beach was such a relaxing setting, Sakura could almost forget what she had to go through just to survive. Almost. Usagi and Arisu had set up camp somewhere in the bushes so they stayed hidden. Akari was already inside the tent setting up sleeping arrangements while Usagi and Arisu did whatever.

By the time Sakura moved away from the waves and to the tents, Usagi had finished making food and the sky got darker.

"I was just about to get you. Food's ready." Usagia softly smiled, handing her a plate.