Behind the mirror

Start from the beginning

Taking a deep breath, I started the second movement, Andante. My fingers flowed across the keys, like a ballerina on a stage. I picked up the same pace at which the piano was playing a little while ago. Even though it was being played at double its usual pace, it still sounded wonderful! My fingers danced on the piano keys, minute after minute. I paced through the third and fourth movements, and at last, I laid my finger on the last key.

As soon as the last key was played, there was an ear-splitting sound of glass breaking. I looked above me, the mighty azure sky that once stood above this meadow, had shattered! Blue pieces of glass fell all over the meadow. I took shelter under the piano, which didn't receive a single scratch in this glass shower. Once the shattered pieces stopped raining, I slowly came out of my shelter. The 'sky' was pitch-black. But wait! What were those white little dots appearing in this 'sky'? Looking at them closely, I came to realize, those were mirrors! And they were growing! In a few minutes, the mirrors were of full human body length. And then.......... a flash, a bang, and an ear-splitting noise of an old door creaking open. In the very middle of the meadow, not far from me, there was a mirror, which was accompanied by a door, which had opened a moment ago. I ran to the spot and stared into my reflection.

Suddenly, a voice muttered, "Come on in!"

Without a second thought, I stepped into this mirror.

As soon as I stepped in, I was faced by the corridors of St. George's Academy!

"Huh?", came a questioning voice from behind me.

I turned back, it was Simon.

"You're here way before than I expected." Said Simon.

"But, as you're here early, I might as well show you around this place!"

Before I could even express my opinion, I was being dragged around the seminary.

"You see these are our.......... classrooms." said Simon, as we walked by several massive rooms, filled with nothing but Rosaries and weapons, "St. George's Academy is supposed to be the epitome of dichotomy. You must have already realized that in the meadow you came through. You see in our academy 'Flowers' and 'Skulls' co-exist. At least, they're supposed to. The flowers are represented with black, while the skulls with white. The flowers dominate the hierarchy formed in this St. George's academy. And being the dominant ones in this system they get to form 'Bonds' with several supernatural entities. They used these entities to terrorize the ones who were lower in this system. Every day, over 20 students belonging to the lower ranks of this hierarchy are killed gruesomely."

I was shocked to receive this information, just a little bit, though. I saw Laura blow a lady's head off and the last time I came here, I was captured by balloons. But this truly was astounding information. This barbaric system......such cruelty ensues in this academy. Then I suddenly remembered how the masked men had scurried away when they saw the Leroy twins.

I couldn't help but ask, "Why were those masked men, afraid of you?"

"Oh, that's simple. You see, me and my sister developed our ranks in this hierarchy. We didn't submit ourselves to the 'Superior' ranks as the 'Lower' rankers did. Nor did we terrorize the 'Lower' rankers like the 'Superior' ranks did. Instead, we terrorized the 'Superior' rankers, by 'exorcising' the supernatural entities they 'bonded' with by using wild supernatural entities that we have tamed."

I winced my face, "All right. Why do you need me, then?"

"I don't. Edith needs you."

"Who's Edith?"

"The lady in the mirror which you saw earlier. She needs you to complete her 'mission' and completely free her from the mirror."

"And how am I supposed to do that?"