Chapter 1 (Valya POV)

It was another simple January morning. I was laying in bed and listening to the birds chirp as the light, icy snow started to fall. I could smell the waffles and bacon my mom was trying to cook. She's trying to learn how to make more "western" foods. As I was laying there, my phone started to make a few light pinging sounds, so I picked it up to see what the noise was about. It was my best friend, Sofia, absolutely SPAMMING me to see if I was awake. I texted her that I was but needed to eat. I met Sofia when I was little, and I had gone to Moscow for a weekend trip. We instantly like each other, so our mothers exchanged numbers. When we were both about 8 and had our own tablets, we started to call. Nearly 9 and a half years later, and nothing has changed between us. I got out of bed and threw on some clothes, brushed my hair, and put socks and shoes on. Just then, my mom yelled at me in Russian to come down and eat. As  I was sitting down at the table, there was a knock at the door. It was my dad, Olya, and 'stepmom', Sergi. Well, Technically, he isn't my dad, as I've never met my real one. My mother married Olya, and when they got divorced, he filed for custody and won partial by lying. He doesn't like me, and neither does his girlfriend, so why he filed for custody is a mystery to me. Nonetheless, he stood there with his stretched, pale skin, brown eyes, and slicked back Malfoy styled hair. His girlfriend looked the same, but with an unusually large neck, and a Pinocchio nose, which was fitting because of how much she lies. "Mischa." Sergi said, addressing my mother. "Olya, Sergi." My mother responded. Sergi smiled and said "I believe it is our time with our dear, sweet Valya." "Im not stepping a foot outside of this house!" I protested. Olya smiled, though it was as fake as plastic. "Oh my my, but im afraid you HAVE to, since there is a court order in plac-" "Then i'll run away" I interrupt. Everyone's smile faded. I looked at my mom and silently said I'd text her. I then slammed the door and locked it. I ran to my room and grabbed one of my bags. My mom and I are well off, so it was a cute but sturdy bag. I threw some bags, toiletries, and rubles in the bag. I took a few other things, and was seriously considering taking some borsche with me, but decided against it. I hopped out of my bedroom window and took off running, trying to get as far away from  Olya and Sergi as possible. Once I had gotten far enough to see public buildings, I started looking for a fast food restaurant that was sure to have a bathroom. There! I ran as fast as I could to a McDonald's across the street. I walked in and tried to look as normal as possible when walking into the multi-gender bathrooms. I froze as I saw two boys in front of the mirror, looking like they had just waged war with full sized Porcupine-Wolf combos. I heard slips of Old Norse and Ancient Greek languages as I walked by. The one with dark green eyes, tan skin, freckles, glasses, and silver streaks in brown hair so dark it could pass for black, said hair in a ponytail, looked back and forth between me and his friend, a boy with brown hair highlighted with green hair dye, and neon green sweater with a purple turtleneck, and started whispering to him. The boy with green in his hair came up to me, and told me to touch the pen in his hand. So me, being the "I-trust-strangers" person i am, did. Then  everything went black.