A Gift for Hasebe

*** A/N: Written for my friend, Saniwa WLE, for her Original Characters headcanon.

I'm not very experienced in writing for the comedy genre, but I hope you guys will find this little story enjoyable. ^^

--------------------

In the year 2205, a malicious group known as the "Historical Revisionists" emerged without warning and began to launch attacks after attacks on the past in their quest to alter the change of history for an unknown reason.

To combat these mysterious enemies, the Government of Time gathers individuals bearing a special power to breathe life into inanimate objects to build an army of tsukumogami from numerous famous swords. Granted with the title of "Saniwa," these individuals are each assigned to a citadel with the spirits of swords they have awakened, referred to as the "Touken Danshi."

Battles after battles come to test their strength and determination. Very often, a Touken Danshi will be faced with the difficult choice of remaining steadfast in carrying out their mission or succumbing to the temptation of past regrets.

But there are also peaceful days in the citadels, when both the Saniwa and Touken Danshi are allowed a brief moment of respite in the midst of this ongoing war, when the spirits that used to lie dormant in iron and steel can learn to live as humans.

Among the hundreds, thousands of citadels under the jurisdiction of the Government of Time, one citadel makes use of an abandoned hotel building that belongs to the Kiyomizu family. Standing at the seaside, it is the home of a three-person family:

Kiyomizu Mondo, the father, is the owner of the hotel-now-citadel, who is also a fisherman, a craftsman, and a manager of a small department store.

Kiyomizu Erena, the mother, is a former Saniwa whose citadel was unfortunately destroyed by the enemies. During her escape, she ended up at the seaside where she was saved by Mondo, which was how they first met and eventually began to fall in love.

Lastly, there is their young daughter, Kiyomizu Kimi, who has yet to reach the age of ten but is blessed with the same power as her mother, thus becoming the appointed Saniwa to occupy this citadel along with the army of Touken Danshi she has summoned. Energetic, lively, and rather stubborn at times, there is never a quiet moment for as long as she remains awake. Once she has made up her mind, there is little to no chance she will backtrack on her decision.

And today is one such day where Kimi comes up with an idea that she would like to see until the end.

"It's decided then. We will throw a birthday party for Hasebe!"

One hand pointing at the ceiling and another hand on her waist, Kimi stands in front of her mother and Uguisumaru; the first appears taken off-guard by her sudden declaration while the other calmly looks on as if knowing that it is simply another "creative idea" his little master is having.

"Oh, dear, I didn't mean it like that," Erena touches her chin, "I was just saying that I'm very grateful to Hasebe-kun for helping your Papa and I prepare and manage the recent Valentine Day's campaign in our store."

"That's why we're going to reward him for his hard work."

"Is it not enough if we just give him a present?"

"No!" Kimi shakes her head, "It's super boring if I'm the only one giving him a present. Everybody should give him one, too. That's why we're throwing him a birthday party."

"Does a Touken Danshi have a birth date, though?"

"If there isn't one, then we can just make one," the little Saniwa smiles confidently, "Alright then, I'll go find Hasebe and let him know about it."