Chapter 2: Summer Fun

(EXT. RADIATOR SPRINGS - DAY TOW MATER, a rusty tow truck, and the Junior Patrollers putters into view.)

MATER: Mater. Tow Mater, that's who... is here to help you!

Nano, Mini and Tot: Same here! We're here to help!

(He approaches a broken-down sedan on the side of the road. He drives around to the front, catching OTIS' face for the first time.)

MATER: Hey, Otis!

Mini: Hi, Otis!

OTIS: Hey, guys. Gosh, I'm so sorry. I thought I could make it this time, but... (he tries to start his engine, stalls) Smooth like pudding, huh? Ah, who am I kidding? I'll always be a lemon.

(Mater hooks his friend and starts towing him.)

Tot: Woah, you're leaking oil again! Must be your gaskets. Hey, look on the bright side: This is your tenth tow this month, so that means it's on the house.

OTIS: Y'all are the only one that's nice to lemons like me, guys.

MATER: Don't sweat it. These things happen to everybody, Otis. 

OTIS: But you never leak oil.

MATER: Yeah, but I ain't perfect. Don't tell nobody, but I think my rust is starting to show through.

(Mater, the Junior Patrollers and Otis drive past THE RADIATOR SPRINGS WELCOME SIGN. It has been amended to say: "Home of Lightning McQueen and Eric Rookerson")

OTIS: Hey, is Lightning McQueen, The Paw Patrol and Eric Rookerson back yet?

MATER: Not yet.

OTIS: They must be crazy-excited about winning their fourth Piston Cup. Four! Wow!

MATER: Yeah, we're so dadgum proud of them. But I sure wish they'd hurry up and get back'cause we got a whole summer's worth of best friend fun to make up for. Just me and -

(Ahead of them, a half-mile off, a RED RACE CAR, a yellow race car and human kids with puppies and a small human is visible.)

Mater: McQueen! The Paw Patrol! Eric! 

(Mater FLOORS IT, dragging poor Otis behind him.)

OTIS: Uh, GUYS? I'm in no hurry. You don't need to go so fast!

(Boom! They hit a bump. Otis catches air.)

*EXT. RADIATOR SPRINGS - DAY*

(Lightning McQueen and the GANG is surrounded by their hometown friends.)

LUIGI: Oh, Lightning. Oh, Eric. Welcome home.

FLO: Good to have you back, honeys.

FILLMORE: Congratulations, mans.