Kieran’s tone was a bit harsh.

Reese was less angry.

It was rare for Kieran to show his agitation in front of Reese.

“Humph! Okay, I will stay out of this! You can deal with it all you want!”

After saying that, Reese put his hands behind his back and stormed into his study.

Kieran looked at Valerie’s room and stood still for a long time until Reyna and Jayvion came over with dinner.

“Kieran, is Valerie asleep?”

“Ah, Mom, I don’t know. Let me take a look?”

Kieran came back to his senses and gently opened the door to Valerie’s room.

Then he saw her sleeping face.

She put her hands on her chest and pulled her quilt to her chin. She was wrap ped in it tightly.

She was small and almost invisible under the quilt.

Her face was pale from the pain she felt when the doctor helped her disperse the blood stasis.

Even her breathing was faint.

She didn’t look like she was breathing.

Reyna’s and Kieran’s hearts skipped a beat. They quickly went forward and p ut their fingers under Valerie’s nose.

Valerie’s faint breathing reassured Reyna. They looked at a sleeping Valerie s ilently.

After a long time, Reyna spoke in a flat tone.

“Do you know who hurt her?”

You Can Talk About It  

Kieran shook his head.

“Valerie

didn’t tell us who bullied her. She said those people wouldn’t dare to touch her  again. And she doesn’t want us to avenge her.” Kieran said in a flat tone but excited Reyna.

Her face darkened, and she pulled Kieran out of the room.

After gently closing the door, she said angrily to him.

“Although she said she didn’t want our help, can’t you help her in secret? We don’t need to let her know. Look what they have done to her!”

Reyna was so excited that she slurred.

Kieran quickly comforted her.

“Mom, don’t be mad. I will tell you my plan…” Kieran tried to calm her down.

Reyna’s eyes turned red again.

He comforted her gently.

“Mom, Valerie is not herself, so we shouldn’t push her. Has she been weird lately?”

Kieran’s words jolted Reyna out of her reverie.

Reyna indeed found Valerie weird recently.

She tried to hold back her anger.

“Kieran, ask a psychiatrist to come and check Valerie.”

He nodded solemnly to tell her he understood. Reyna then reluctantly went ba ck to her room.

Kieran sighed, exhausted. Then he looked at Valerie’s room and went away ru bbing his brows.

In the quiet room, Valerie was sleeping. In a daze, she felt her limbs were in a mire.