Prologue

In the year 2032, advanced AI has taken the many roles and tasks of the human race. The many careers that were once part of human life have now been taken away by that of the Synthetic race. These machines have the ability to perform tasks with upward of 300% efficiency compared to your average man or woman. Doctors and surgeons have been replaced by a range of specialist machines Shopkeepers, chefs, cab drivers, factory workers, minors - while visually looking no different to the men or women previously in these roles, now are solely made up of this artificial life forms known as "Synthetics" or "Synths".
With the human population no longer increasing in growth exponentially as it once was, some are fearful that the world will fall into the hands of these robots, that soon they will become self aware and take over the world as we know. But this theory has been rejected by society time and time again as, although the success of synthetic ability can be fundamentally attributed to these machines to learn at unprecedented rates never before seen , the parameters set by those corporations who manufacture synthetic life avoid any possible threat of a 'sentient' AI model.
These Synths are completely void of human emotions , only the ability to mimic them - they are bound by strict parameters that keep them in the roles that they are assigned to.
You see, in a city run by corporate entities there isn't a lot of room for people like yourself to get by. You want to be a teacher? Everything you could ever want or need to know is decided by those in charge and taught via virtual tutors at a personal level and at such a pace no living human could ever contend with. You could be a psychiatrist? Surely a good therapist must be human to connect with his or her patient? That is true, however not many people are even able to tell the difference between Synth or human anymore.