Chapter 38

Jay was confident in what she was doing. She knew exactely what to do and how to do it, she was just hoping the others would agree. As they discussed it, she watched Bucky closley, remembering what had happened before they got a mouthful of Deadpools shoe at Charles's party. Bucky had kissed her and it was just a loving kiss, no, there was much more to it. She didn't understand why, but she seemed to feel fear flow to her from his aura when he kissed her. She looked at him with a piteous glance and tried to stifle the urge to cry. SHe knew he loved her and she loved him, but she didn't want him to hurt because of her. Yet she was told that she was doing more harm than good by not admitting to it and by trying to drive him away.
A voice calling her name brought her back to reality and she looked up at the group asking,
"Yeah?"

"You feeling okay?" Steve asked.

"I'm fine." Jay added with a cross of her arms. "Did you all come to a decision?"

"We did." Charles said. "And with much reluctance we have agreed to go forward with this plan."

"Reluctance?" Jay asked.

"Well stringing Deadpool up by his toes and lighting him on fire was a bit of a speedbump for us." Charles replied.

"I suggested that I use him as a punching bag." Bucky said.

"I called the second turn for that one." Steve chuckled.

Jay grinned then glanced down at her feet. She was surprisingly calm compared to how she acted before and she had no idea why. She thrust her hands in her pockets and looked up at them saying,

"Well, let's get started then."

"Do you want to get a team together?" Charles asked.

"Well I don't know..." Jay stopped and looked at Steve asking, "Do you think that you can do that? I'm not the best judge at that."

"Of course." he answered with a small nod.

"Then let's suit up." Bucky said.

They all filed out of the Professor's office and into the halls where a few teenagers could be seen walking about or roaming aimlessly. Jay could feel a strange uneasiness in the air as she stepped out and she frowned. She rubbed the back of her neck, letting out a shaky breath. She then felt a pair of hands place themselves on her shoulders and she jumped. She spun a round and saw Bucky looking down at her strangely. She looked into his eyes and saw something strange. She saw fear, a terrible fear.

"What's wrong?" Jay asked. "I'm the one who should be worried."

"Nothing," Bucky said with a smile, "I just thought you looked tense."

"I am," Jay said, "Wouldn't you be?"

She added this with a nervous shrug, crossing her arms. Bucky crossed his own arms and looked at her with a worried look on his face.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked.

Jay's hands fell to her sides and she shoved them into her pockets once more, turning back around with a sigh.

"Yes." she replied.

She began to walk down the hall away from him when she marched up beside her and said,

"I'm trying to help you Jay, I would appreciate it if you didn't walk away from me every time I try to."

Jay stopped and looked up at him saying,

"I do not walk away all the time."

"Yes you do," Bucky said, "And it needs to stop. I want to help you not talk to your back."