chapter 38 I'm monster

Start from the beginning

Nephthys: "Hold on, I have to tell you something else. Osiris has a letter he wanted me to deliver to you."

WTF?!
What does Osiris want with me now?
I thought I would finally be free away from him for a year but I didn't think he would get Nephthys involved so soon.

Nephthys: "Explain situation to me.
I'm very confused of why he wanted me to give you this letter that was so important."

Y/n: "To be honest with you I have no idea as well.
Before you accuse me of commenting on something so sinister I'm fully prepared for what you have to say to me."

Nephthys: "Answer me y/n! Are you trying to gain favor from him just as the high priestess tried to do ?"

Y/n: "For of all, My goddess I would never do anything like that I am not that kind of woman nor do I have the intentions like the high priestess did."

I told her while looking at her with an serious look.
I'm finding this whole situation very uncomfortable.
Her face fill with an angry expression from my response to her but I'm not lying about it.
However, I wouldn't call it favoritism more like gaining his trust so that way he wouldn't be suspicious of my betrayal to him later.

Nephthys: "Explain yourself. I wouldn't ask again. Speak the truth now!"

She said to me while she held the letter in her hand as if she was expecting me to grab it from her but to be very honest I didn't want anything to do with him.

Y/n: "Whatever you think I am not trying to get attention from the king."

Nephthys sighed as she rubbed her head like if she was having a headache from talking to me but I'm guessing she won't let this shit go away so I'll just wait to see how this play out.
I walked back to her after I had put my things down so I could talk to her for while.

Nephthys:"I need to know why. Because lately Osiris has been behaving somehow different, not the how he used to be."

I had raised her eyebrow in a questioning look directed at Nephthys as if I had the answer for his sudden behavior.

Y/n:"I had failed to see how does his behavior changes involve me or yourself.
Should isis be concern about him since Osiris is her husband?"

Nephthys narrowed her eyes at me as she put the letter down when she finally walked up towards me as she was trying very hard to keep her hands to herself.
Crossing my arms while looking at her annoying she doesn't have to worry about him instead she should be worried about getting argument with me because I'm not afraid to let her know about the the deal she made with Osiris.

Nephthys:"I'm not here for him but for my sister. For some unknown reason she believes you would never betray her but I say otherwise.
I saw how he looks at you with love and affection when he should be looking at Isis instead of you.
So tell right now are you having an affair with him?"

Y/n:"Well you are right about his behavior. However I could tell you why he's been looking at me differently but you won't like the truth."

Nephthys:"I'm the goddess of peace and Harmony, therefore I have a responsibility to keep the peace here in Egypt. If you have something to tell me now is the time."

Y/n:"As you wish but you won't love it trust me."

When I started to begin explaining to her how Osiris came around to speak to me from time to time but only when around his wife.
However, after with the high priestess did to me as she made me drink the wine I became different.
I had explained as well my eyes were brown before but after I had lost my friend they became red like Seth as I had to show her so she could believe me.