neighbors, quinn hughes

Începe de la început

Your eyes were teary red and your cheeks were puffed up. You had a throw blanket wrapped around your body and your face gave an exhausted expression. While Quinn was curious about what happened, you were internally panicking at the fact he was seeing you like this.

"I-um..sorry. Sorry if this sounds weird but...I haven't noticed you going to take Maya out in a few days and I was just wondering if everything was alright...?" He stumbled over his words. He wasn't sure how to approach the situation, given that the two of you didn't know each other.

Your eyes slightly widened at his question, before you could answer, Maya pushed her head between your legs and practically smiled at Quinn.

"Everything is okay. I just caught a virus so I haven't been able to take this one out much. Thank you for asking though, I...truly appreciate it." You give him a small smile which he reciprocates.

It was silent between the two of you for a moment. Quinn's eyes glanced from your figure to Maya's puppy eyes.

"Do..do you want me to take her out for you? I'll bring her back safe and sound, I promise." He offered. Something about Maya felt like she was telling him to ask this question.

Your head is titled a little. It was kind of a strange question given that the two of you rarely spoke, but it was also very sweet. Even though you didn't know much about Quinn, you could tell he was a nice man and he was extremely gentle with Maya.

"Are you sure? She's kind of a handful sometimes." You let out an airy laugh.

Quinn nodded before crouching down and giving Maya a rub on her head. She instantly began licking his hand and his arm in excitement. Her tail wagged against your legs, smacking you repeatedly.

"Okay, well let me get her harness and set her up for you." You say softly before calling Maya into the house. "C'mon Maya, outside."

Maya darted from the door and followed you into your apartment. She sat patiently next to the drawer where her harness and leash were stored. You quickly slipped it onto her and gave her a scratch under her chin. "Be a good girl for the cute neighbor, okay?" You whispered to her before giving her a quick peck on her forehead.

"Here you go. Thank you, so much." You hand Quinn the leash and he grins at you.

"No problem, I'll have her home in a bit."

𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔

For the next few days, Quinn had been picking up and dropping off Maya every morning and late afternoon. You told him that he didn't have to but he insisted. He didn't mind helping you out since he got to see your cute face and cute dog. It was a win-win for him.

By the end of the week, you had fully recovered from your virus and were back to taking Maya out yourself. However, things were different. Instead of you and Quinn going your separate ways and just saying a simple good morning, Quinn would wait until you finished locking up and the two of you would go on a run together with Maya. You could tell that Maya was truly enjoying all of Quinn's attention. She was soaking up every little moment of it.

It was a quiet Sunday afternoon when there was a knock at your door. Quinn and went out on a run with Maya, you decided not to tag along since you were working on a paper for one of your classes.

You answered the door and were greeted by Quinn's charming face and Maya's bright dog smile. Quinn unleashed her harness and Maya ran past you and towards her water bowl.

"She is enjoying her time with you." You comment as the two of you watch the golden retriever drink up her water.

Quinn laughs, "That's good, I'm enjoying time with her too."

The two of you looked at each other with soft eyes.

"So, I was wondering if you'd like to join me for dinner later tonight at mine? You can bring Maya too." Quinn asks while tilting his head towards the golden retriever.

You could feel heat rush up your ears at Quinn's words. "Is this..a date?"

He nodded, "I was hoping it would be. If that's okay with you."

You smiled and gave him a nod, "I'd love that. I'll see you in a bit then."

Quinn walked away from your door and began heading across the hall to his apartment. As you were closing the door to your own, you could hear him whisper a loud "yes!" under his breath. You couldn't help but giggle to yourself at his actions.

You closed the door and leaned your back against it. Maya was looking at you with curiosity as if she could read your mind.

"You're the best wing-dog!" You complimented her before rushing to take a shower and get ready.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

word count :: 1351

hope you enjoyed <3
comment if you would like
a part two for this imagine !

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 . . . 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 ❪ hockey imagines ❫
❝ we found wonderland. ❞
© 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥 ━━ -danify ゚𐦍༘⋆