Flinch

(Warning: mentions of abuse and yelling)

You and Olivia rarely ever argued. If you did, it was either over something stupid or one of you did something.

The only reason that you were arguing was because you went out at midnight to go to a club, arriving back home around 5am. That pissed your worried girlfriend off. You couldn't even imagine her reaction when you left without saying anything, especially when her first, normal reaction would be to assume you're cheating.

Which you weren't. You wouldn't, you know what it's like to be cheated on, so you'd never do it yourself.

"I can't believe you didn't even tell me where the hell you were going!" Olivia shouted, frustration and worry flowing through her body. "What were you thinking?! What if you got hurt? What if something happened and I didn't even know?" She rambled all these questions to you while you stood there, tears threatening to spill. "Are you cheating on me?"

When she asked that, your eyes never met hers more faster. "No! I would never, I promise! I went out with Tate and Sadie, just ask them!" You yelled, trying to convince your girlfriend that you weren't out cheating on her.

"Maybe I will ask them!" She shouted back and threw her arms up in the air, trying to calm herself down. But you thought that she was going to raise her hand at you, so you flinched.

Of course Olivia noticed.

You stood there, eyes clenched shut, fear invading your veins. You suddenly felt your girlfriends warm embrace wrap around you, her strong arms pulling you into her body. You immediate melted into her touch, burying your face in her neck as she lifted you up. Your legs instinctively wrapped around her waist, soft sobs left your throat as those tears finally fell.

Olivia just held you, her hand switching from rubbing your back to occasionally gently dragging her nails across, knowing that's something that will help calm you down. She whispered, "It's okay, baby. I would never hurt you. Look at me." She gently set you down, cupping your face and gently lifting it so you two made eye contact. Her thumbs brushed over your cheeks, wiping the tears away. "You don't ever have to worry about me hurting you, because I would never ever touch you. Not without your consent and never in an abusive way. Okay?"

You nodded softly, feeling a small smile tug at your lips when Olivia placed soft kisses all over your face. She took your hands and kissed your knuckles and the back of them gently, looking up at you with love in her eyes. "I love you." Your voice was hoarse but it was soft.

"I love you more, my love." She smiled, and you shared another hug, just savoring the moment as all the anger and worry from before was far gone and replaced with love and happiness.