Chapter 13 and 14

Start from the beginning

Price nodded, motioning to a door by him. “They’re in there. A couple fallen Vaqueros. Soap’s head was grazed with a bullet.” Icarus nodded in understanding, slipping through the doorway while pulling his med pack from his back.

“Hey!” Icarus was immediately greeted by Soap, who held a bloodied cloth to his head, “I took a bullet to the head. Ain’t that cool?”

“It grazed it, Soap. It’s not like it went in.” Icarus grinned, sitting down next to the man. He asked all the needed questions, taking over holding the cloth so Soap could rest his arm. “Okay, let’s see.” He peeled back the cloth, earning hisses from Soap as the cold air hit the wound. It was a deep gash just above Soap’s ear, not one to be worried about too much. But he had to clean it, and he knew that would suck. “Okay, Soap. I’m giving you the same warning as I gave Ghost. A countdown from three then I’ll clean it. Deal?” Icarus retrieved a bottle of peroxide from his back, opening it.

“Sure.” Soap nodded. Icarus raised his free hand, holding up three fingers. The first finger fell and Soap stared before recoiling in pain when Icarus splashed the peroxide onto the wound. The Scottsman punched Icarus in the shoulder harshly, “What the hell was that for?”

“Owwwww.” Icarus rubbed his shoulder, grumbling, “Ask Ghost. And don’t hurt the medic, or I’ll leave you here to bleed out. Now get back here and let me stitch you up.” Soap did as instructed, wincing when Icarus dabbed the peroxide and blood away. The long haired man retrieved his needle and made quick work of the injury, slapping gauze over it. He leaned back and huffed, “Now be careful, you dunce.” Soap grunted in response, and Icarus left to work on the others.

Ghost entered as he was finishing, approaching him and speaking quietly, “You’re not hurt?” Icarus looked back, locking eyes with him and shaking his head. The medic turned sniper finished standing up to chat with Ghost. “Good.”

“Well, actually,” Icarus grinned, resting his foot on the edge of a nearby table to show off his ripped pant leg. “I fell down the mountain for a bit. Fucked up my knee and probably my back. Why?” He looked up at Ghost, “Wanna kiss it better?”

Soap cackled from behind them, but quickly shut his mouth when Price entered the room. He motioned for Soap, Ghost and Icarus to follow, and they did. They exited the building and Price pointed to a two story building in the distance. “You three, clear the building. Icarus, set up and provide overwatch. Soap and Ghost will cover your six.” The three of them nodded.

When Price walked away, Icarus sandwiched himself between Ghost and Soap and wrapped his arms around them. He grinned, looking between them both before looking ahead once more and speaking, “Let’s go kill some bad guys.”
(words: 1206)

---
just a heads up yall, this is where i stopped liking the story. in an attempt to make Icarus this well known man, i decided that he needed to know everyone in the games, and that just ended up muddying his timeline. so it may be confusing how everything ties together from here on out.
---

Chapter Fourteen

Ghost entered the building, sweeping the room and calling out for his teammates, “Clear.” First Soap, then Icarus entered, sweeping their way throughout the rooms. The bottom floor was clear and the trio stood at the base of the stairs. Ghost spoke quietly, staring up the stairs, “Me and Icarus will climb and cover each other. Johnny,” Soap looked his way, “You approach after us.”

“L.T. why can’t I clear with you?” Soap asked, falling into his place behind the two.

Icarus was the one who answered, flicking Soap’s bandage and causing him to wince. “Take a guess, lil man.” Soap rubbed his head gently, grumbling underneath his breath. Icarus put his back to Ghost’s, nodding. At the signal, the three made their ascent.