19- 'Why are you doing this, Calum?'

Start from the beginning

Such a fan-girl moment, I can't even...

"C'mon in," Mali forces me to get inside the house, "I'll show you your room!"

"Careful, Mali," Joy, who was hugging her son, shouts aloud, "Let her rest for a while," she smiles, "Dinner shall be ready in 15 minutes."

"OKAY, mother!" I'm dragged towards the posh living room, through the dimly lit foyer.

"Do you need some help, Joy?" I ask awkwardly because definitely I felt weird for letting the old woman cook for five- all by herself. Unless it was take out, but I barely doubted that.

"No," she smiles, "Just freshen up a bit and come down. Everything is already done."

"Okay," I smile back at her and start walking along with Mali, "Let me know if you need anything, though."

"Mali, I wanna join too," the boy leaves his mother and comes running towards us, "It's my house as well," he pouts at his elder sister, but she just sways him away, "I want to show her the room."

"Shut up, coffee bean," she spanks Calum and trust me; it's funny watching the two of them, "Let us bond, okay? You've had enough of her. Go talk to dad, he's mad at you for something, I guess."

"Shit," Calum remembers that something and starts running back towards David; who is still waiting for Calum at the door with his arms folded across his chest, "But I'm gonna catch up with you two. Don't bitch about me, Wacko!"

"Mind the language, Cali-Pooh," Mali laughs as Calum vanishes beyond the door, "He's such a kid," She tells me.

Cute one at that, I feel like adding but I just smile as we walk further down the living room.

Shoot, I've just entered Calum Hood's house. He bought me to his house. To meet his family. In Sydney.

Holy Jesus.

"So," I decide to make some worthy conversation with a question I always wanted to ask Cal's family, "You must really be missing Calum?"

"It's hard to say, honestly," she takes me through a flurry of pretty rooms, "He's too busy for any of us. But yes, I miss good ole days," she laughs.

"Hm," I nod, "Sucks."

"Not," She shrugs with a smile, "At least not when he calls all of a sudden and asks me to take the next flight from LA to come down and meet this girl he likes."

I blush? Oh yeah, definitely.

"You got home all the way from LA?" My voice shakes, confusion eating me up on the inside, "To meet me?"

"It seems like," she looks back at me as we ascend the staircase at the end of the passage, "I had my recordings going on over there."

"I'm so so so sorry," I start apologizing, "I had no idea Calum was even getting me here. And you had to get back for m--"

"It's alright, sweetheart," she gives me a side hug, "I've always loved surprises; especially the ones which Calum planned for us."

"Yeah," I look back as we hear someone passing from behind us, "His surprises are definitely worth it."

I look down through the staircase, where Calum is already back to his domestic jobs; it's probably the something that David wanted him to do. I see him pass through the passage with heavy boxes in his arms. The boy has already pulled out his tee and it's now hanging down the back pocket of his jeans. I gawk at the cute creature, but unfortunately, Mali catches me drooling.