007

The Psychic vs. The Horror Movie

 The Horror Movie

3rd POV

"I of course have no intention of telling other people. I wrote this letter to let you know that I am not your enemy and that I want to become... Your disciple?" Keomi read the letter out loud as she sat cross-legged on Saiki's bed. "I too have unusual powers. Of course, they're nothing like yours, master, but it is because of my powers that I knew of you and Katayama." She shuddered. 'Creepy' "I'll come to visit and introduce myself soon. Signed, your obedient servant."

'Geez, he's already calling me master.' Saiki deadpanned and rolled his chair toward his bed and took the paper from her hand, examining the letter.

"Do you know who it could be?" Keomi asked curiously.

'No... But I suppose I could use psychometry.' He replied and took a thin, transparent glove off his hand.

"That's the one where you can see people's memories by touching an object they've touched too, right?" She pondered. He nodded and put his hand on the page. Saiki sat in silence for a couple of minutes with his eyes closed. Keomi laid back peacefully on his bed waiting for her friend to come back to reality.

'He really is incredible' She thought.

'I've mostly determined his identity.' He finally told her.

"And?" She urged.

'He's got a different type of supernatural power than both of us.' Saiki answered.

"Huh." Keomi huffed and placed her hands behind her head and closed her eyes.

'That's it?'

"Yeah, I mean he said he'll visit soon, I wouldn't spend too much time speculating about him." She reasoned. He nodded.

'I guess you're right.' He agreed and put his glove back on.

"When am I not?" She asked sarcastically and reached for her phone. "It's only 8 pm, wanna do something?"

'Sure, what do you have in mind?' He replied and sat next to her on the bed.

"Wanna watch a movie?" She suggested, sitting up. Saiki used his telepathy to switch on the tv in his room and Keomi gasped. "CAN WE WATCH A HORROR MOVIE?!" She begged.

'Are you serious?' He sweatdropped. 'Each time we watch one, you make me turn it off before it even gets scary.'

"Nononono! I promise this time I can get through the whole thing! C'mon Kusuo, please!!" She grabbed his arm, pleading with him.

'...Fine.' The pair sat on his little couch together. Saiki thought for a second, then smirked and turned on a movie.

"H-Hereditary!? Kaidou told me this one's really scary... Then again he thinks everything is terrifying..." She muttered that last part. Saiki chuckled. "You have such a cute laugh, Kusuo~" She teased. He blushed and shoved a pillow in her face.

'Shut up and watch the movie.' He muttered. The girl laughed in return and hugged the pillow while resting her head on Saiki's shoulder.

· * .* ──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──── *. * ·

The first half of the film had been fine for Keomi but quickly took a turn for the worse as the fifth jump-scare popped up on the screen.

"--Shit-!" Keomi exclaimed and grabbed onto Saiki's arm.

'Too scary for you Keomi?' He nudged her. She retracted her hand from his arm and pouted.

"Not at all!" She replied bravely with her arms crossed.

'I'm just kidding, Keo, you're doing great so far, you haven't even screamed yet.' He grinned and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. She scooted closer to him and blushed. The pair stayed in that position until yet another disturbing scene came up.

"Oh god..." She gagged and buried her face in his chest, hiding her view from the movie. Saiki froze for a second then placed his hand on her head, combing his fingers through her soft blonde hair.

'It's over now.' He told her when the setting changed from gruesome and gory to peaceful and bright. Keomi kept her head against his chest but shifted her eyes to look at the screen. She stayed like that for a while and Saiki noticed her silence.

'Keo?' He asked gently but all he got in return were soft snores from the girl. He chuckled and turned off the tv. 'Of course, she fell asleep.' He carefully lifted her bridal style and brought her to his bed. He placed her down and covered her with his blanket. 'I'll sleep on the couch downstairs... I don't want to make her uncomfortable.' He thought and began to walk away.

"Stay..." Her sleepy voice uttered. 'She's probably dreaming.' He turned back around, but she grabbed his hand. "Please...?"

'...Okay.' He hesitated but got into the bed next to her, leaving about half a foot of space in between them. Keomi groaned and threw her arm around his waist and rested her head on his chest once more. He faltered.

"Goodnight, Kusuo~" She sighed contently. He smiled.

'Goodnight, Keomi.' He delicately placed a kiss on her head.

'What is this girl doing to me?'