Suddenly his chest rumbled and his hot breath warmed her chest. He sobbed as his arms made their way around her waist. "Oh Tommy." she whispered as she stroked his hair. Time passed and they just sat there, fingers intertwined and her head rested on his shoulder.

Esther didn't ask him to talk to her, not once.

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

Dean came as he had promised, his sweet lips pressed to hers. "How're you?" he asked. Esthers head was burried in his warm chest as she answered him. "Alright." Both of them just stood there at the bottom of the stairs.

"I think i'm in love with you, Esther." he said, hands on her face. "I am too." She said, foreheads lent against each other. His hair tickled her nose and his breath smelled of cigarettes but his warmth and his sweet sweet voice made her knees weak.

How could someone so wonderful suddenly appear, suddenly jump into her life. Things moved too fast, she knew. But losing someone you held dear to your heart happens too fast as well. Nothing these past days moved at a normal speed. Esther felt as if life was going at maximum speed, just those little moments with Dean seemed to slow things down for her, giving her a break to take a breath.

"I want to introduce u, to mom and my men" Esther's face lit up, excited to hear of his plans. To be part of something other than the Blinders was interesting, intriguing. "They'll make faces. To have The Shelby Sister meet'em, they'll scurry like little boys." A chuckle sounded through her lips, a smirk evident on her face.

She heard voices. John, Polly, Esme and Ada, all members of her family made their way into the main hall. "Esther, love." Polly gave her a hug, a tired smile on her face. "Who is this?" she asked. Dean took it upon himself and introduced himself to the other members of her family.

"He's my boyfriend." Dean's hand rested on her waist as she spoke. No one questioned her.

John, Arthur and Linda made their way outside for a smoke.

"Polly, Esther and Micheal." Tommys office door opened and he waved them inside. "Join'em for a smoke, mh?" she nudged her boyfriend and he followed suit. With a kiss to her temple he left and joined the rest of the family outside for a smoke.

Esther followed her aunt and cousin into the office. A moment of silence fell over the four before Micheal spoke. "There was a suggestion from the school counsil to rename the school building to Marianne Shelby Institute." Esther only stared at the ground as Micheal only earned a hum of approval from her little brother.

"How-"Stop, Pol." He didn't want to hear any pity or nice words. Coming back into the house where his sweet wife died just a few days ago was hard enough, to talk about his feelings was too much. Tommy opened a drawer and took a yellowish envelope out just to hand it to Micheal. "Talk to Esther and Dean about the things i've written down, you'll eventually need their help." Tom took a drag of his cigarette.

"Congrats, Esther. Dean is a good man."

It meant a lot. "Thank you, Tommy."

The three of them left his office again as the rest of the family came back inside. "You buildin' a birds nest up there?" John joked before Esme hit his shoulder "Cut it out." she spewed. "Well, fuck you too, Johnny." Esther crumbled as she brushed her fingers through her hair.

Dean was fast to lean his head on her shoulder to whisper in her ear. "You're still pretty, birdy."

The frown on her face disappeared as fast as it came. "When's he askin' us inside." Arthur complained, Linda hung on his arm like the insufferable woman she has always been. "We were in a moment ago." Polly said, lighting herself a cigarette.

Tommy opened the office door a moment later just to be greeted by John and Arthur complaining why they were called in second. Tommy shut'em down and allowed Dean to stand inside, taking part in the family meeting. "Why's he here, we don't even know who he is." Linda complained. Esther rolled her eyes as she held their intertwined hands up. "He's my boyfriend, Linda. Haven't gotten the memo yet?"

Her mouth opened again and Tom was quick stare her down, making her shut her mouth. "Dean stays, he's trustworthy and a part of this family, now that he's with Esther."

Arthur changed the topic quickly as John and him talked about how they killed Angel while he was still in the hospital for what he did to Marianne. Tommy was happy enough. "Vincente will flee to america, kill his wife and get him here alive."

John staggered with an answer but spoke nontheless. "But, Mrs. Changretta is a good woman." Tom took a sip of his whiskey and said. "If Mrs. Changretta is a nice woman, she'll go to heaven."

Arthur and John didn't argue as Tom spoke about the next thing. "What's more important now is our legitimate business-"Since when do you care about legitimate business." John huffed. Thomas stared him down with a hateful stare. "Since my wife took a bullet for me, John. Since then." Nobody said anything, the guilt being enough to shut everyone who wanted to complain up for good.

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

The meeting was over as soon as it started and everyone left for the servants quarters, since it was warmer there. "He's gone!" was heard as soon as they reached the quarters. Esther whipped around, hair probably hitting Deans face. "He's leaving!" Finn came running down the corridor, breathing heavy. Esther's eyes found her boyfriends and in a split second they took off running, her family behind. Dean was fast, almost dragging her after him.

There he was, leaving in a carriage. Esther let go of her lovers hand and rushed, sprinted even as she she watched her brother leave. Was he leaving them for good?

There were no shoes on her feet and the gravel hurt as she ran. The cold air freezed up her lungs and bit at the exposed skin. "Thomas!" She yelled as she realised that he was too far ahead. Her legs burned, the gravel digging in her soles. She squinted her eyes as she sprinted after him, cold air drying her eyes "Tommy!" She tried again but he was too far. Her outcry not audible for him. Her knees connected with the ground as she tried to catch her breath. Hunched over, hands shaking as she held her weight up "Esther, Christ." Arthur threw his jacket over her shoulder. "He'll come back" Polly said, voice not as confident as she wished.

Dean was quick to pick her up and carry his girlfriend into the warm house. She stared at the sky above, her chest empty, as if her little brother took all the comfort and reassurance he had given her a few days ago with him.

She wondered if Dean could fill that hole for her, would he?

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══

u got my twilight reference?

🤗 - it's winter & i'm in my depressed twilight vibes era again