three

'you're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece'

"how're you doing?" luna asked, shortly after picking up the phone.

"i'm achy," michael whined.

"can i stay at yours for a while?" he asked.

"i have offered like 50 times already, you know you're welcome!" she exclaimed while laughing.

"are you gonna get the bus or do i need to come get you?" she asked, despite already knowing the answer.

"i'm not stepping a foot on a bus!" he said dramatically.

"not after last time!"

luna giggled, remembering the time he was referring to.

--

michael and luke had spent the day in the city, shopping for christmas and they had to get the bus due to the fact michael's car was being repaired, and luke couldn't drive.

it had been a very long bus journey, so michael decided he'd have a quick cigarette on the way home as there was only him, luke and an old man who looked dead but was probably asleep.

not long after he'd lit the cigarette the bus stopped, and a short middle aged woman, got out of her seat and stomped up to him.

"you can't do that on here!" she yelled, making michael laugh, and luke uncomfortable.

after a few harsh words from the driver, and jokes from him, michael found himself on the side of the road, watching the bus drive away while luke waved at him.

after walking for 10 minutes or so he'd managed to find enough signal to call luna, who eventually picked him up.

--

"in all fairness," luna started.

"you were being a dick," she laughed again.

"just come and get me," michael grumbled, hanging up the phone.

on the way back to her apartment, michael made luna stop at the store, and buy him a bunch of ice cream and snacks.

luna only agreed when michael said he'd pay.

due to the fact he was currently extremely slow, luna locked michael in her car, before he had the chance to undo his seatbelt.

"i'm not a dog!" michael stated, trying to persuade luna to let him out the car.

"no, but you're extremely slow, and you'll end up buying stuff you don't need!" she laughed.

"therefore, you're staying in the car!"

by the time luna had made it back to the car, michael had managed to fall asleep.

she knocked on the window, making him jump awake.

she laughed, before walking around to the other side of the car, and climbing in.

--

"thank you for this," michael smiled, as luna helped him over to the sofa.

she shrugged.

"it's what i'm here for," she smiled back.

"now does your highness need anything else before i get comfortable?" she asked, putting her hair into a ponytail.

"cook me a three course meal?" he grinned.

"i can't do that, and you know it!" she laughed, shaking her head.

"cuddles?" he grinned again, this time holding his arms up like a child.

"that i can do!" she responded, jumping on the sofa and cuddling up to him, trying not to hurt him.

michael pulled her closer and kissed her head.

"where would i be without you?" he mumbled.

later that evening, ashton and calum visited, bringing pizza with them.

"why are you guys here anyway?" luna asked, taking a slice out of the box.

"we ordered pizza then remembered we already ate so we thought we'd bring it to you guys!" calum grinned, ruffling michael's grey hair, before sitting next to him.

michael frowned, before hitting calum.

"but how do you forget you've eaten?" she asked again.

both of them shrugged before ashton turned the tv on.

"what should we watch?" he asked, flicking through the channels.

after watching a film and a few episodes of masterchef, ashton and calum decided to go home.

"i'm gonna head to bed," luna yawned, standing up.

"are you okay to get up on your own?" she asked michael and he nodded.

"i'll be fine!" he smiled.

the next morning, luna woke to see michael starting at himself in the mirror.

he was shirtless, tracing the bruises on his ribs with his fingers.

luna got up, and wrapped her arms around his waist, with her face pressed against his back.

"i'm a mess," he sighed, twisting around so they were face to face.

"you're not," luna frowned, stroking his cheek softly.

"i'm like an old book that's all ripped and nobody wants," he huffed, running a hand through his hair.

"you're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece," she smiled, seeing him smile.

they stood there in silence before luna's phone started to ring.

michael hesitantly let her go, and she walked over, picking the phone up, so she could answer it.

"hey luke," she smiled, as michael groaned, knowing exactly why he was calling.

"get michael here for band practice asap!" luke exclaimed, without even saying hey back.

"he didn't tell me he had practice," luna replied, looking at michael who was frowning.

"just get him to ashton's house now!!" luke rushed, hanging up the phone.

"i don't want to go, you can't make me!" michael huffed, crossing his arms over his bare chest.

"i can, and i will!" she smirked.

--

"how the hell did you manage to get him here so fast?" luke asked, surprised that michael was currently tuning his guitar.

"magic," luna grinned.

luke raised his eyebrow and she laughed.

"okay! okay! and a few kisses!" she blushed, as luke laughed.

"what're you practising for anyway?" she asked, as they all shrugged.

"just because we can!" ashton smiled, running his hand through his hair.

after an hour or so of jamming, the boys and luna decided to grab some lunch at the diner michael despised so much.

"why did we have to come here?" michael grumbled, as they sat in a booth.

"because everyone here likes it except you!" calum retorted, making michael shut up.

eventually michael joined the conversation, and before they knew it they were back at ashton's house, trying to see who could play the spongebob theme tune the best.