Chapter Thirteen: Relapse

Comincia dall'inizio

"You. Fight me."

Youngeun turned her head, slowly, shooting daggers into Miihi. "I wish I didn't recognize your voice--or your face. You actually look worse now than you did in elementary school."

Miihi raised her foot in preparation to stomp on Youngeun's face. Y/n reached out to catch it, Youngeun raised her guard, and Miihi thrusted her foot toward the fox. However, Yujin was the first to move.

The puppy grabbed Miihi's ankle, standing up as she did so. Yujin towered over the latter with Miihi's eyes meeting her chin. She gripped the new student's leg, raising her foot slowly.

"Apologize," Yujin growled. "Unless you want to flash everyone on the field."

Her voice grew deeper as she counted down, causing Miihi to grit her teeth.

"I'm sorry."

Yujin released her hold. She pointed to the large colosseum-like building, "If you want to fight, do it in the arena."

"You know what?" Youngeun grinned. "I think that's a great idea. I've been feeling irritated for a bit; blowing off some steam would be nice."

The five students approached the arena's first floor. Y/n and Jihoon sat in the stands while Yujin stood between the remaining two. She eyed the pair cautiously, letting off a deep sigh.

"You two already know the rules: the fight ends when one person is incapacitated or gives up."

As Yujin stepped away, Youngeun wasted no time in rushing Miihi. She only activated her aether once she stepped in front of the other's face. Her formerly verdant green aura turned darker, and her coat smoked with a dark smoke.

Youngeun pulled Miihi's face into her palm, crashing it into the ground with a wide smile. The Japanese student grabbed Youngeun's arm, tearing her hand from her face. In spite of the devastating slam, she appeared unfazed underneath her earth coat.

Miihi slammed her fist into Youngeun's face, sending the fox staggering back. A tinge of red surfaced on the latter's lip, prompting Miihi to taunt with a smug grin.

"You're as weak as I remember!"

"And you speak too much," Youngeun retorted.

The two girls charged one another, coated in their respective elements. They traded blows with neither able to gain the upper hand. Bruises formed on Youngeun's skin, but to the surprise of the audience, Miihi appeared completely fine.

"She's skilled," Jihoon remarked. "Can you track what she's doing?"

Y/n shook his head, "I thought earth is weak to wind. How are the two equally matched?"

"Cause that girl's also using water to heal herself. Normally you need to have a certain aether level to heal yourself--especially without a rune--but I guess that doesn't apply to her," Jihoon explained.

Youngeun sprinted head on with a glare stronger than she had given anyone else. She sprang to the right, curling a current around herself to aid her movement before grabbing onto Miihi's face once more.

Wind condensed in Youngeun's palm, snapping the other student's head back. Not even a second passed before Youngeun pressed her attack. She spun in the air, delivering a heavy kick to Miihi's jaw, followed by another jet of air.

A black hue glowed in Youngeun's eyes, trailing behind her as she pushed Miihi into the arena walls. Over and over she slammed Miihi's head against the sturdy wall, mixing punches and knees in as well. For the first time since the two began their fight, Youngeun drew blood.