I searched Dante's back seat in hopes of finding a weapon but only coming up with gym clothes. I cried out in frustration and fear as I heard the passenger window crack. Dante was on it in no time, grabbing a hold of the man and banging his head up against the window. I shielded my head as the glass shattered and littered the entire car.

A masculine hand reached in, in search for me. A long tattoo traveled down to his fingers, indicating it wasn't Dante. I screamed in pain as he grabbed ahold of my hair. The back seat made no difference.

I closed my eyes as the tattooed man repeatedly banged my head against the side of the car, leaving bruises and scratches. I could hear Dante screaming out curses in his native tongue while fighting against the obviously bigger and more skilled man.

Just when I thought I saw a small light brightening my vision a gun shot rang in the air, silencing all commotion outside of the car. The hand gripping my hair slowly released.

"Gesù, you didn't have to kill him!" Dante yelled angrily at the unknown shooter.

I gripped my head as a serious migraine was beginning to awake. The car door opening had me flinching back and banging my head once again on the car.

"Shit." Dante mumbled as he slowly wrapped an arm around my head and brought me to his chest.

His button up shirt was ripped down the middle, letting his warmth seep through and comfort me. A sudden sob escaped my lips at the pounding in my head.

Dante slowly grabbed my hand and helped me out of the back seat and onto the concrete. He held me closer to his chest, not letting me face the multiple people standing around and the lifeless body only inches from my feet.

"You seemed like you were having trouble, son." A familiar voice teased Dante.

Dante tensed underneath me but didn't hesitate to respond, "I was fighting him well, he just wouldn't give up."

Roy tsked Dante, taking slow steps towards us, "Well isn't good enough, is it?"

Dante gripped me to his chest harder and growled, "I don't have time for this."

Before he could drag me away into the hotel Roy caught ahold of my arm, jerking me out of Dante's arms.

I whimpered at the violent action and caught myself reaching out for Dante. This seemed to spark something in Dante, because the next thing I know he had his father by the neck and is pushing him against his damaged car.

"Don't you ever," Dante threatened, his eyes narrowing to slits, "Touch her like that."

Dante dropped his father, who tumbled to the ground clutching his throat. He had a horrified expression plastered on his face as if he was surprised his son would do such a thing.

I felt guilty as I was the one who caused it.

I watched hopelessly as Dante turned his back on his father and grabbed my arm, less harshly, "Let's go." He mumbled.

I looked away from Roy, training my eyes on the entryway to the hotel. Lily, I noticed, was standing behind Daniel who's legs were apart and arms crossed. He looked as disappointed as Roy. Lily was gripping his arm in fear, a gut wrenching feeling making its way to my stomach. Multiple men that I noticed from the ball were dragging the attackers away. I noticed that the tattooed man that grabbed me had a white sheet over his body. My stomach squeezed at the sight.

Blake ran up next to Dante, an ear piece dangling off his shoulder, "Sorry about that. They cut off our wireless connection before they showed; I couldn't get a hold of you."